theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 10-07-10, 07:33 PM   #1
haGGard

haGGard is on a distinguished road
Fuel figures for a 180

I'm still in my quest for a ZS, and i've spotted quite a few which appeal to me, many of them being the 180. I would obviously prefer the 180 but im just not so sure about the running costs of it. For my age (23) i know that the insurance will be a killer and a quick confused.com quote read 1200 pounds. Tax is another thing.

But fuel costs... what kinda figures do you guys get. I'm not so good with miles per gallon etc but in my 1.7 ford puma i can put 40 pounds worth of fuel in and get about 270 miles out of it before the red light comes on.

I know i shouldn't even be considering the fuel costs if im thinking of a 180 as they're gona be higher than normal, but im just seeing if i can get away with it.

Cheers
haGGard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-10, 08:59 PM   #2
nath86

nath86 is on a distinguished road
My 180 does 247 miles to ?40, thats mainly town driving and a 60 mile round trip to the coast, about 32mpg so they are not to bad to run fuel wise
nath86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-10, 09:08 PM   #3
LozMachine
Site Supporter

LozMachine is a jewel in the roughLozMachine is a jewel in the roughLozMachine is a jewel in the rough
Was gonna say 270mi out of ?40 fuel, from a 1.7? miles per smiles get a 180, people say about the fuel consumption of a 180 but personally i think the 180 is excellent on fuel
Old 10-07-10, 09:55 PM   #4
markyzs180

markyzs180 is on a distinguished road
I consistently got 25mpg around town which is good considering I only get 31 mpg out of my 2.0 tdi doing exactly the same route but no where near as much fun.

road tax is now 245 for the year on a pre march 2006

get one mate, you won't regret it, you can pootle along at 30mph in 5th like your driving a 45 then drop it 2 cogs and be driving on the edge, great cars, i really miss mine

2005 MG ZS 180 Saloon Gone, but still in the family....
markyzs180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-10, 09:59 PM   #5
Phate

Phate is an unknown quantity at this point
Depends how you drive it.

Before I had my exhaust fitted....300 miles to a tank....afterwards...200...lol, it's addictive!

But between 200-350 miles to a tank depending on your right foot is how they work really

But if you need to ask mate....sure you can afford it?

Don't mean to rude by saying so, but they ain't a cheap car to run

Also insurance wise, try Adrian Flux, I was ?600 at 21 with mine
Old 10-07-10, 11:20 PM   #6
haGGard

haGGard is on a distinguished road
Yeah i know by asking its not a good start lol. I'm with adrian flux on the puma so i'll try them first.

Tax is not so much a problem for me. The insurance could be but i'll be 25 in a year and half so might drop a bit then...

Those fuel figures aren't as bad as what i was expecting to be honest. And i recon i could afford it. I'm really liking the look of that mk2 180 going cheap in the for sale section, not far from me too.
haGGard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-10, 11:59 PM   #7
carmadbaker

carmadbaker has a spectacular aura aboutcarmadbaker has a spectacular aura about
best ive done is 320miles to a tank... worst being 190miles really does depend on your right foot!

-MK1 MG ZS T16 Turbo 2.1
-Lotus Elise S2 111

You Can't Spell Dangerous Without "Dan"
carmadbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-10, 09:06 AM   #8
R8NMG

R8NMG will become famous soon enough
The tank is roughly 55 litres so you can calculate how much to fill up a whole tank. Generally aim for 280-320 miles out of it but of course it all depends on style of driving and type of roads. I once got 400+ miles out of a tank but has never been repeated.
R8NMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-10, 09:18 AM   #9
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
Long journeys I can get 400 miles out of a tank (consistent motorway driving with no traffic... very unusual) but typically 260 miles from the tank... thats with Aircon on and spirited driving short distances to work and back

I have a panel filter, sports cat and twin exit XPower exhaust and Brembo's.... no idea if the mods make any difference to Fuel economy

On the other hand... my Bike does 300 miles to ?10 of fuel just can't take both kids out on it at the same time! lol

I love it when people call me at 3 AM. "Hey, you asleep?" "No, I'm skydiving."

http://www.bexairbrushing.co.uk
ZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-10, 02:30 PM   #10
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
At the weekend I managed 100 miles to ?20. 90% was motorway but was very happy with that considering I rarely dropped below 3000rpm and mph

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Jay-ZS+ is offline   Reply With Quote