theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 29-01-11, 09:41 AM   #61
Ritchy
technically an expertish

Ritchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to all
cheers
Old 29-01-11, 09:45 AM   #62
ThumpJunkie

Just saw this Ritchy, jeezo! Glad it's getting back to its best though
Old 29-01-11, 11:49 AM   #63
caled

caled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nice
Ditto to the above, just reading through this now - didnt realise the car had had a wallop!

Good work on the repair job, you respraying the whole car? White, I guess? If you do, tint the rear lights (I've attached a photoshop I did of mine below, looks the bees knees)

Old 29-01-11, 11:51 AM   #64
lawrence-zs180

lawrence-zs180 is on a distinguished road
see thats why I want a MK2!!!! they look epic.. I know its photo shopped but DAM!
Old 29-01-11, 12:51 PM   #65
SticklesMickles

SticklesMickles is on a distinguished road
IIRC i paid ?125 delivered for 2 new front spats, and around ?140 for 2 rear spats delivered when i converted my car to mk2.

They came from Roverbreakers IIRC (well whoever it is who advertises on XPF)

They were brand new parts, but with me spending quite some time in the new car production environment, i could tell they are what we call "reworked" parts.

They all had a few flaws that had been reworked before painting, its not such a big deal if the rework is done well, i did have a little trouble getting the front spats to fit flush, but you can not really grumble as they things are so hard to find anyway.

I never had any trouble with the rears because i was chopping them to shittery anyway to get them on the mk1 rear bumper pmsl.

To be fair though, somebody has blatantly gathered up all the spare parts that were in the factory to sell, probably loads of new reworked bits all over the country waiting to be sold.

You should see how many reworked seat foams we currently make into Nissan Note seats :o
SticklesMickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-11, 01:10 PM   #66
Ritchy
technically an expertish

Ritchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to all
well fitted the arm.......

and it lives! driving perfect again, was really worried, i took the old arms off and i couldnt see any difference between that and the "new" one, but fitted up and it was all sitting perfect, think im going to get some of those adjustable top mounts as the rear cambers out on both sides due to lowering, and then get a full geometry check,
yesterday when i took the car out i was having to turn the wheel to make it drive straight and then when it got to 70 the back went all funny, no problem today at all all driving staight and thats just doing the rear allignment by eye,

so going to get the dent tken out for now, then start saving for a full respray for her, going to stay silver i think as im very fussy about things and basically the car would have to be stripped completely to change colour...and that isnt happening just now although it may in the future....
Old 29-01-11, 01:25 PM   #67
Maxfly
Site Ambassador

Maxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to all
Excellent stuff bud, glad to see she is rolling once again Bet yer glad to be driving the zs again eh
Old 29-01-11, 01:41 PM   #68
Ritchy
technically an expertish

sure am, was worrying myself last night if this didnt sort it, was looking on gumtree at other cars lol
Old 29-01-11, 01:58 PM   #69
BUCKYDEVIL

BUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud of
Glad to hear youve got it running along nicely now,
BUCKYDEVIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-11, 02:05 PM   #70
lawrence-zs180

lawrence-zs180 is on a distinguished road
nice one dude glad to hear ita back on the road.