theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Galleries > Members Cars

Old 04-05-17, 01:11 PM   #1
MG ZS STE
Site Supporter

MG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really nice
Driveways getting a bit full

Picked up my new car last week. MG6 Magnette TSE, less than 3 years old. 18K miles. Full main dealer service, just serviced, new Dunlop SP sport tyres. All this for a reasonable £5.5k. A friend of the family wanted to sell it quick so offered it to me at the “we buy any car” valuation. A deal I couldn’t refuse, as I’ve been looking to update now for the last 6 months but couldn’t decide what to go for. I hadn’t even considered the 6 but glad this one came along. Delighted with it so far. This will become my new daily driver and my Green 180 hatch (currently SORN) will be used on a limited mileage PB classic car policy like I did with the red one. So just need to get the red one sold and I can use the green one again.
Old 04-05-17, 03:18 PM   #2
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Good deal, have fun.

Old 04-05-17, 04:08 PM   #3
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Good timing, meant to be.
Old 04-05-17, 06:52 PM   #4
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Nice one. Good value that is. A 6 is on my list of possibles if I buy a car in October instead of leasing again. Be very interested in your thoughts on it.

Surprised the 180 hasn't gone yet - seemed to be plenty of interest. You not tempted to put the hatch up too and just keep whatever one doesn't sell?
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-17, 02:35 PM   #5
MG ZS STE
Site Supporter

MG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really nice
I really like it. Fantastic spec for the money. And its all the clever bits you don’t realise at first, like the rear screen heater will automatically come on when you first get in if it detects the coolant is below 5C. And switches to recirculated air when you select reverse or use the wash/wipe function. All windows up or down off the fob is also handy if you or a passenger forget to do their windows up before you turn the engine off. The hill hold assist system is also used loads more than I thought it would so great feature, and one that I believe is standard throughout the range. There’s also niggles but forgivable in the grand scheme of things. The traction control system will fail if you don’t give it enough revs when pulling out (not a problem for me) and I’ve had a couple of stalls coming out of reverse and into 1st, but think that’s more me just getting used to the car.

As for the ZS, I had considered keeping the red and selling the green but TBH the green is a more useful work horse being a hatch. The saloon boot is far to restrictive (ever tried moving a washing machine in a saloon). And I don’t really like throwing my tools and garden waste etc in the red as it has alcantara seats. Whereas the green just has the standard axis seats.

A friend of mine suggested stripping it out and keeping it as a track car. Which may well be what we end up doing.
Old 05-05-17, 03:10 PM   #6
Smokey
The Alan Gow of OBTCC

Smokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to beholdSmokey is a splendid one to behold
I still love my 6 Magnette TSE. Never missed a beat so far.

2009 Forza 2 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC 2nd Place Runner-up
2009/2010 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Clio Cup 4th Place
2010 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/F500 Cup 2nd Place Runner-up
2011 Forza 3 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Driver's Championship 3rd Place
2012 Forza 4 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/Driver's Championship 1st Place Winner
2012/2013 Forza 4 theMGZS.co.uk OBTCC/DTM Championship 3rd Place
Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-17, 09:55 AM   #7
LozMachine
Site Supporter

LozMachine is a jewel in the roughLozMachine is a jewel in the roughLozMachine is a jewel in the rough
Nice, they are really good value, be good to hear your opinion after a time of owning/driving , took me quite a while to get used to it.
Old 14-05-17, 08:26 PM   #8
Lukeus101

Lukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to all
Can always fit more on

ZS Appreciation Facebook Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/475756782447499/

> ZR 105 (Broken) > MK2 ZS 180 (Sold) > MK1 ZS 180 (Sold) > ZR Replica (Dead) > MK1 ZS 180 (Broken)
Lukeus101 is offline   Reply With Quote