Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 07-09-07, 08:11 AM   #1
Matto 180

Matto 180 is on a distinguished road
MG ZS - 'A thrilling ride'

Good to see the ZS is still getting (positive) reviews:

from www.kwik-fitinsurance.com

Quote:
The MG ZS model is closely related to Rover's 400 and delivers a "thrilling driving experience", a reviewer believes.

An understated appearance and modern interior are coupled with an adjustable driving position and soft, supportive seats, Parker's states.

However, the steering wheel does not adjust and the brakes require a lot of pressure. In addition, the ride can be jittery at slow speeds, the reviewer suggests.

The cabin is a bit cramped by today's standards, mainly around the leg area, but the model does come with a decent level of kit as standard. One drawback is that electric rear windows are not fitted to even high spec models.

According to the reviewer, the pick of the engine line-up is the 2.5-litre option which performs well at all speeds. The car also handles fluidly and is more exciting than the closely related Rover 45.

There is no traction control fitted to the car, but models do come with front and side airbags, an antilock braking system, alarm and immobiliser, as well a central locking system – which could help drives avoid a car insurance claim.

MG's ZS model is available from £12,027 in car insurance groups ten to 16.

Kwik-Fit Insurance guarantee a courtesy car to comprehensive car insurance customers following an accident when the car is being repaired at an authorised repairer.

ZR/ZS/ZT Register Chairman
Matto 180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-07, 11:44 AM   #2
georgiansoccer

well its false about the electric rear windows as mine has them
Old 07-09-07, 12:14 PM   #3
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Maybe MK2's had them as standard, but MK1 180s only had wind up rears as standard, think leccy ones were optional. So, what ZS models did not have adjustable steering? Mine has tilt adjust.

Not a great review is it, I don't think they even drove it and a 45 back to back, totally different driving pleasures. A bit anoymous really.
Old 07-09-07, 12:25 PM   #4
georgiansoccer

i think they probably mean it doesnt have adjustment for reach which most cars have nowadays. however with the zs ive never felt ive needed it

rear electrics were made standard at the start of 2005 i think
Old 07-09-07, 02:29 PM   #5
Matto 180

Matto 180 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiansoccer View Post
rear electrics were made standard at the start of 2005 i think
My Mk2 dosen't have them but it's a 2004 model.

ZR/ZS/ZT Register Chairman
Matto 180 is offline   Reply With Quote