theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 02-03-15, 01:05 PM   #1
Skillen

Skillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the rough
Got surprising info when getting insurance quote.

Getting my new insurance quote and when sorting out the details the guy mentioned my previous settlement when my car got bashed was £8000.
I mentioned I never saw anywhere near that to which he said that they must have took the rest.

Is this standard practice?

I'm shocked to see that my insurance firm settled at that price with the other guys insurance and I got 12.5% of it and they got the rest.
Skillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-15, 01:43 PM   #2
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
Interesting indeed, that needs some researching.

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-15, 02:26 PM   #3
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
What were the circumstances then ?
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-15, 02:32 PM   #4
Skillen

Skillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the rough
No fault accident. Stationary in traffic. Hit by a guy hitting someone else and momentum took them into me.
http://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=25262
Old 02-03-15, 02:57 PM   #5
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
That's crazy that your company took a hit for £8K. Total value of the claim maybe - but that cannot be down to you.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-15, 03:02 PM   #6
Skillen

I'm not sure but it sounded like he said settled to me for £8k. I don't think my company took that hit. More that they got that and gave me £1.4k and pocketed £6.6k.
Old 02-03-15, 06:15 PM   #7
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Get a copy of the full claim file, if still incorrect then I would be sending a copy of this to the insurance ombudsman.
Old 02-03-15, 09:03 PM   #8
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
as per Mick.
talkingcars is offline   Reply With Quote