theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 18-09-11, 10:35 PM   #21
Levi

Levi is on a distinguished road
I think it's always good to hear peoples experiences out there on the track and road, so keep posting lads. The only thing I find frustrating from a personal point of view is that my car doesn't feel as quick in a 'straight line' as how most people are describing on here, but fantastic on the twisty roads. Next pay day is defo time for a rolling road/diagnostics session to see if it's me or the car!
Old 18-09-11, 10:51 PM   #22
roverdave81

roverdave81 is on a distinguished road
zs vs scooby

well i had a top race in my new coupe turbo against my mate evo 8 couldnt past me in a straight line or on the bends pritty much even the hole time
then was out in the zs td fri nite and kick ass over a bmw mini cabby
Old 19-09-11, 06:02 AM   #23
carmadbaker

carmadbaker has a spectacular aura aboutcarmadbaker has a spectacular aura about
In my turbo..for some reason scoobys always give me a funny look after that initial... "waaaaaarrrppp pttshhhhh" They expect an easy overtake.... and get lumbered looking at the back end of a 10 year old Rover :P if only they knew!!
The ultimate wolf in sheeps clothing

-MK1 MG ZS T16 Turbo 2.1
-Lotus Elise S2 111

You Can't Spell Dangerous Without "Dan"
Old 19-09-11, 06:06 AM   #24
nath86

nath86 is on a distinguished road
Well iv owned 4 180's a uk impreza turbo 2000 a wrx import and currently own a sport model (as well as a zs180 at this present time) and to say the wrx was quick but i did get overtaken by my friends mondeo st as i constantly had boost problems with it! the turbo 2000 was not fast at all, but it did pop and go very nicely but the handling i think in the zs is better, i find that the scoobs have more body roll than a zs although awd does pull you around corners nicely, but i have to say a zs 180 would frighten quite a few more exspensive exotic cars out there through the twistys! so less of the negative and take it from someone who has owned both types of cars in this thread! its very possible to show up quite alot of people in a zs
Old 19-09-11, 06:27 AM   #25
fastmike

fastmike is on a distinguished road
I too have owned 2 ZS180s a UK Scooby WRX and a 330 BHP Import WRX........ and in my opinion its the driver with the most to loose and/or the most fearfull that backs off first..... nothing to do with which is fastest

The ZSs are nicer places to be in , Scooby interiors are naff by any standard

Last edited by fastmike; 19-09-11 at 06:53 AM.
Old 19-09-11, 09:10 AM   #26
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
I always fid it funny when in acloud of torque poo people in the vag group diesels suddenly find their expensive 'i own the road car' is slower than 'an old rover in drag'

Can't say i really push the car out on the roads though really anymore - just not worth it either in terms of meeting the law or due to being more careful nowadays generally.
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
Old 19-09-11, 10:13 AM   #27
ZRed

ZRed is a jewel in the roughZRed is a jewel in the roughZRed is a jewel in the roughZRed is a jewel in the rough
horses for courses!

i`ve never had a porsche pass me on track, but have mauled a few in the metro.

doesn`t make my metro a better car than the porsche, but does make great pub talk.
Old 19-09-11, 12:14 PM   #28
zsserbia

zsserbia will become famous soon enough
As someone on here already said, please don't underestimate our zed's more than they already are

I got just an std derv and never been ashamed of it in comparison to any other cars which are btw more expencive and probably better in general, but performance wise you can't deny ZS has superb handling and good balance/center of gravity, which is a powerful weapon on track to those who are able and not to scared to use it. Knowing that handling is crucial quite often, I would always prefer it over the sheer power. Comparing it to scooby, yeah I'd have one, sti would be fine, but my zed I'd still keep...

Yet another thing is the design, to me it's timeless... Both mk1 and mk2. The same guy designed Mclaren F1, which is also timeless... Look a few decades in the future, who knows, cars may have no wheels for all I care, but zed would still be appealing to an eye, and that is hardest to accomplish in the design world. Who cares if people say it's dated, so is the old "E type"...

Basically, some cars, as ZS give you a feedback "Push me harder, I'll handle it, don't worry", and some others say "No you moron, you'll get us killed", no matter how expensive or how "better" they are... So, in the end the driver would be a great factor. Some cars simply give you the creeps, zed's simply don't. That's why we got this thing "believe it and you'll beat it", no matter if they're scoobys or porsches or beemers or...
Old 19-09-11, 01:35 PM   #29
caled

caled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by zsserbia View Post
ZS give you a feedback "Push me harder, I'll handle it, don't worry", and some others say "No you moron, you'll get us killed"
pmsl best quote of the thread by far.
Old 19-09-11, 01:48 PM   #30
-kane-

-kane- is on a distinguished road
iv never come up against a scooby in my zs yet bit i cant wait for that day... I was going to whitby in my zr and i raced a modded evo and he couldnt keep up with me on the bends but a stright he would of nailed me... Also beat a vrs up to 110mph and he was devod to see i was only in a 1.4 after the race.... This was all on the track going over 70 tho..
Closed Thread