Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 26-07-08, 05:22 PM   #1
Craig
Back Again!

Craig is on a distinguished road
I hate my car.

Does anyone else ever feel this way? My car hasn't been right for a few weeks now. When I turn left and use some gas (or turn right and reverse) I get a grinding/rubbing noise from the o/s front wheel area. It only seems to happen when im on the gas.

I have tried loads of different things. Today, I undid the cv boots and everything looks fine. I have hardly driven the car lately because of this. Last week for the show, I had to nurse it there and back. Its got so bad that whenever Gemmas here, I have been driving her megane, which is chock full of me to you bears lol.

Theres also a rattling noise developed from the n/s rear which I think may be the handbrake cable. Im always paranoid about any noises I hear (or imagine). I will check that out tomorrow, unless It mysteriously burns down tonite.

At the moment I hate it with a passion, even though its looking all nice and shiny. If it was worth anything I would sell it right now in a heartbeat.

rant over

Craig Darroch

Create your badge
Old 26-07-08, 05:33 PM   #2
Mat C
Who watches the Watchmen?

Mat C is on a distinguished road
I know exactly what you mean - sometimes i feel like accidently spilling a can of petrol in mine and accidently dropping a lit match on it ! But then just as i start hating it, it gives a sterling performance and gets some compliments which reminds me why i bought it in the 1st place ! Ask Sam (ZSx) about the grinding noise - i'm sure he had a similar problem and cured it
Old 26-07-08, 05:47 PM   #3
Craig
Back Again!

Thats the thing, when its running properly, I absolutely love it. At the show on Sunday, I heard people saying nice things about it. I feel cheated ATM, cos I cant enjoy driving it, especially after shelling out to get the belts changed recently.

I'll drop him a pm, thanks mate

Craig Darroch

Create your badge
Old 26-07-08, 06:09 PM   #4
sduk

mate i know what you mean. mine will be gone in a couple of days and i cant wait! the door handles are terrible, the inside falling apart, the rear bumper falling off and my alarm keeps randomly going off (even when driving!)

i do love the way it looks but there are so many things making me want to get rid.

hope you get it sorted mate.

Old 26-07-08, 06:19 PM   #5
shroonie29

shroonie29 is on a distinguished road
Did you check that it isn't fouling here?

"In the MG ZS, the relationship between car and driver borders on the intimate"
"The surprise is that the MG ZS feels right straight away and stays accurate and poised"
Old 26-07-08, 06:41 PM   #6
Craig
Back Again!

Thanks for the pm mate, I will check it out tomorrow, fingers crossed

Craig Darroch

Create your badge

Last edited by Craig; 26-07-08 at 07:03 PM.
Old 26-07-08, 07:57 PM   #7
john180

john180 will become famous soon enough
sorry you're feeling this way about the motor fella! its a nice looking car so stick at it!!

i love mine to bits even tho i get rattles and squeaks. when im driving along with the ATC on auto i get this loud buzzing sound that sounds like a bird is stuck in the vent... but i just see it as character.
Old 26-07-08, 08:09 PM   #8
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
I hated my ZS so much last weekend, I'd been looking foward to MGSD since the last one and after curing the brake problem (new discs and pads and then a new caliper) that had been ongoing since the end of May the weekend before I got all excited last Saturday, we washed and vacumed her for the first time in 2 months and polished her for the first time in 6 months ownership.

We set off in time to get there for 11am only for a knocking noise to cause me to give up 30 miles from home. Having no idea what it was we came home slowly and ended up getting a garage to look, turned out to be 1 missing bolt and 1 shearedbolt on the rear engine mount.

However now both problems are fixed we had a very nice drive out to day and will be doing 200 miles tommorow, still love the car.

Last edited by talkingcars; 27-07-08 at 07:51 AM. Reason: 'cos sum 1 tok d piz
Old 26-07-08, 09:32 PM   #9
arwilson80
Founding Members

arwilson80 is on a distinguished road
The question you need to ask is 'Are other cars any different?'. In most cases the answer is a 'No, not really'. Just stick with it i say, and you'll be glad of it in the long run.

"People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people. Drive only with proper protection."
"You should try one. It's bloody good" - Jeremy Clarkson (commenting after driving a ZS180)
"Fines are a tax for doing bad, Taxes are a fine for doing good" - Unknown
GPS - Because guys don't know how to ask directions

MG ZS 180
3.5L V6 Ford Taurus
2.7L V6 EcoBoost Ford F150 4x4
Old 26-07-08, 09:39 PM   #10
Mat C
Who watches the Watchmen?

Mat C is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingcars View Post
we washed and hovered her for the first time in 2 months
As Doc said in Back To The Future 3 ; "It actualy flew ?"

WOW, i'd love to know where you got this hover conversion done ! I washed my car today too but i didn't get to take it for a hover over the countryside ! How was your 1st flight since you last hovered it 2 months ago ?!
Closed Thread