theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Technical Area > Build Projects

Old 25-09-13, 08:56 PM   #131
Mark S

Mark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to all
if the torque is at the wheels, that is very good - check tho, it could be fly.

165bhp at the wheels is good also for a car with std cams.
Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-13, 09:02 PM   #132
redzed

redzed has a spectacular aura aboutredzed has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noobrider View Post
well had it on the rolling road last weekend and I was pleased but dissappointed at the same time.

Having removed the balance valve from the plenum, I was pleased with the torque curve, which considering it was done on a power run day with a wide variety of cars on the rollers, the operator commented that this was the run of the day with the best curve and consistency over the two runs.

Dissappointing though that so many horses have escaped despite decatting and inner wing filter...down to 166 bhp (165.9) with 156 ft/lb torque.

there was a definate pick up at 4250 as the power valves opened so I am going to jam oped the power valve and take it back on the rollers to see what effect that has on torque curves

short video here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RzECYnCn1o
can you post up the graph? might not be all that bad
Old 25-09-13, 09:23 PM   #133
Mark S

Mark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to all
balance usually opens at 2980rpm, so the only losses (assuming all else works) will be below that - on track, you'll never be that low in revs anyway.
Old 26-09-13, 05:31 PM   #134
Mark S

have you sold it then?
Old 26-09-13, 06:42 PM   #135
Cally180

Cally180 is on a distinguished road
Sold?
Cally180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-13, 07:04 PM   #136
Noobrider

Noobrider will become famous soon enough
Sorry not a great photo....

The figure is calculated at the flywheel on run down from the road. There can be a lot of variables in this and it does all depend on how a rolling road has been set up so I could go to another RR and make more...or less...all depends.

As for sold, it "might be" I took a deposit on it today so we will see if it pans out. I decided to move it on as I was keen to build another track project but couldn't justify having two track cars and needed some extra funding for the new one. In addition, Silverstone left me a bit dissappointed with the car and I've been giving myself a hard time over it. It was clear I didn't know as much as I thought I did and to get the 180 where I want it to be wouldn't be cost effective. So, I put it up for sale, kind of hoping no one would buy it and I could then justify spending a shed load more cash on it and getting it where I wanted it to be...it backfired on me as I have had a lot of interest in it.

Our website: http://www.maxtedsgarage.co.uk

Friend us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/maxtedandsons.garage
Noobrider is offline   Reply With Quote