AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Technical Area > Build Projects

Old 24-12-10, 01:06 AM   #11
MG6Turbo
Banned

MG6Turbo is on a distinguished road
hmm.

A std non modified zs180 puts out 143bhp@wheels which equates to around 175bhp@flywheel.

A zr160 puts out 125bhp@wheels and 155bhp@flywheel.

I would say your wheel figure should be around 155bhp for 185bhp@fly.

G
MG6Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-10, 02:47 PM   #12
OllieZS

OllieZS is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovermgparts View Post
hmm.

A std non modified zs180 puts out 143bhp@wheels which equates to around 175bhp@flywheel.

A zr160 puts out 125bhp@wheels and 155bhp@flywheel.

I would say your wheel figure should be around 155bhp for 185bhp@fly.

G
I agree, I think the @ the wheels figure is wrong, just typing what was on the printout!

OllieZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-10, 02:54 PM   #13
OllieZS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave MGT View Post
Great report! Cc is a great track. Cannot wait to take my new ZS out there asap, only 20mins from me. My advice mod wise is to focus on a lsd or torsen diff and lightweight flywheel. Those mods will transform the car!!
Will be very interested to see how you get on with those new shocks! Should be a nice compromise on a track/roadcar.
Hi

The lightened flywheel is definitely something I am interested in, do you have one fitted?
I have been looking for a company that makes one but to know avail? I dont want to machine the standard flywheel.
Does anybody know the exact weight of the standard ZS 180 flywheel? I have been told its 18KG?

Thanks

Ollie
Old 24-12-10, 03:14 PM   #14
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Probably half that at most tbh.

http://www.ttvracing.com/
Old 24-12-10, 10:21 PM   #15
Maxfly
Site Ambassador

Maxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by olliezs View Post
Hi

The lightened flywheel is definitely something I am interested in, do you have one fitted?
I have been looking for a company that makes one but to know avail? I dont want to machine the standard flywheel.
Does anybody know the exact weight of the standard ZS 180 flywheel? I have been told its 18KG?

Thanks

Ollie
Cracking thread matey, an lovely ZS there is a bloke over in xpower forums that does lightened flys, not sure when next order goes in, pop over an it may be a sticky but at most a quick search should throw up what you want.
Old 24-12-10, 10:33 PM   #16
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
ekspower is his user name on xpf, he may have some in stock.

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-10, 01:56 PM   #17
Dave MGT

Dave MGT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by olliezs View Post
Hi

Thanks

Ollie
I had one fitted to my old blue trackcar. Going to fit another to my mk2 along with a new type A diff. Waste of time machining std one and thats not to safe either!
The std fly is about 9-10kg iirc. Lightweight one is about 4.6kg. I think there are two types ttv do though because I have seen pics of one with more cut outs that weighs 4.3kg apparently...?

Ross bought my old car and took it to pod and ran a 13.7 with 210bhp and flywheel fitted. (it was stripped and had a diff but wasnt the lightest zs to go up pod) Its a great mod and will give you a min 2mpg more as well.

Last edited by Dave MGT; 26-12-10 at 02:37 PM.
Dave MGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-11, 09:16 PM   #18
Dave ZS-X

Dave ZS-X is on a distinguished road
nice write up mate, ive done so many trackdays at combe ive lost count but they were all great, even the many wet ones. I reckon a quarter of my old zs mileage was done treking to combe and back ,lol.
Awesome track, but demands respect.

Dave
Dave ZS-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-11, 04:18 PM   #19
OllieZS

Thanks for all the replies guys.

The car is booked into V.H.S next saturday (15th) to fit the Bilsteins, so a full write up coming soon!
Old 16-01-11, 08:48 PM   #20
OllieZS

Hi everyone,

In December I bought the Vehicle Handling Solutions damper kit comprising of four high quality Bilstein dampers optimised to VHS's own specifications.

I had to wait till christmas was over to have them fitted, and VHS offer a fitting service so I decided I would have themselves fit them, although they do give excellent fitting instructions with the kit, I wanted the experts to do it!

I arranged to be at VHS for 9am saturday morning which is an hour and a half drive from mine, but as there based in Tenbury wells I decided I would drive back through Wales and the forest of dean to evaluate my new dampers.

When I arrived I was met by Andy Kitson and introduced to Alan Phillips. Both gentlemen were very nice and showed real enthusiasm and a genuine interest which to some extent I was a little surprised of for engineers of their esteem.

The guys set to work quickly and thoroughly!

The front dampers were off and changed in good time.

Out with the old and in with the new!

When the guys got to the rears they proved to be more of a pain!

Due to some issues with old bolts not being particularly forthcoming.
The guys persevered and used some ingenuity!

Finally the fitting was complete and I was eager to go for a drive!

Andy (left) and Alan, somewhat relieved! lol

The moment of truth came and I noticed the difference as soon as I drove out the gates!

What I noticed first was the general ride quality was vastly improved, the car no longer crashed and bumped itself down the road, but the one thing I really noticed was the vast reduction in suspension 'noise'.

This is something I didnt fully appreciate when initially advised of the benefits of the VHS kit, but now I do!

Later on in the drive I was able to increase the speed more and the body control further impressed with such a feeling of solidity and composure but the best was to come!

So far the kit had bettered the original dampers in every respect but I was amazed at the high speed composure! It is amazing, I raved about my ZS at Combe last year in the high speed sections 80mph+, but with this new kit it is something else, I briefly hit 110kph and the composure was something I hadnt felt before, I really cannot wait to take the car back on track!

I highly recommend VHS as I have been so impressed by them, the kit is not the cheapest but you get what you pay for and the service from Andy and Alan more than makes up for it.

I look forwards to having more dealings with them in the future.