theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > The Market Place > Cars For Sale

Old 07-11-10, 08:59 PM   #1
ThumpJunkie

2001 ZR T16 Turbo Show Car

Right, after six and-a-half years of red ZR ownership I think I fancy something different, so my beloved ZR is up for sale...

2001 MG ZR 160 in Solar Red. As it is the top-of-the-range model it comes with all the extras, full electrics, bigger brakes, etc., although the air conditioning has been removed.

2-litre T16 turbo conversion professionally carried out by AAautosport in June 2009. Conversion has been declared to the DVLA with no increase in tax costs. The car is running 220-230bhp with scope for even more power should that not be enough for you!

Taxed until the end of the year (subject to extension depending on how long it remains for sale), and MOTd until July 2011. I'm pretty sure I have FSH up until I bought it, since then it has been serviced by myself with no expense spared. Those who know and have worked on the car will vouch for how well it's been looked after.

In the past two years this car has won four trophies and four theMGZR.co.uk show awards. It has also had a five page feature in MG Enthusiast (November 2010), along with a feature shoot for Max Power which will be in the magazine early 2011.

I can safely say with no ego whatsoever that this is one of the most well-known and cared for ZRs on the scene. It has pretty much been my life since I purchased it in May 2007.

Anyway, here's a very basic spec list (PM me if you want the full list as it's a little too comprehensive for in here!):

Rover 620Ti 2.0 T16 Turbo Engine Conversion
PG1 Gearbox
Torsen Type B Differential
Klinger Head Gasket
Turbo Technics T28 Hybrid Turbo
GTS Mechanical Boost Controller @ 12psi
Magnecor KV85 Red Ignition Leads
Bailey DV26 Dump Valve
Rover 220GTi Radiator
Lots and lots of engine bay bling
Blueflame 6x4" Oval Stainless Steel Backbox
Sounds of Silence Stainless Steel 2.5" Midpipe
Custom Decat Pipe
E-Tech Front Strut Brace
Leda -60mm Custom Fully Uprated Suspension
5x 17" Rover Streetwise Olympic SE Addendum Alloys
205/40zr17 Toyo Proxes 4 Tyres
3mm Wheel Spacers
MG Xpower Wide Arch Kit
Fully Delocked
Completely One-Off Shaped Rear Number Plate
Team Heko Wind Deflectors
6000k HID Xenon Headlamp Conversion
Uprated Lighting All Round
Complete Red Leather BRM Interior
Lots and lots of professionally trimmed red leather bits
MG TF Black Leather Steering Wheel, Airbag & Coupler
Lots and lots of interior bling
RGM Black A-Pillar Twin Gauge Mount
Autogauges Boost Gauge & Oil Pressure Gauge
MG TF Interior Mirror with Reading Lights
Custom Interior Lighting
Ripspeed 3.5" Widescreen DVD Head Unit
2x 7" Black Sun Visor Monitors
Sony Slimline PS2
MG Front Component Speakers
V12 KV-100 1000w 4-Channel Amplifier
Infinity 1240W 12" Subwoofer
Auto Acoustics Stealthboxz 12" Subwoofer Box

I'll even throw in my custom show door stays, and the spec sheet stand I made out of an old Solar Red ZR door!

Bad points:

The rear tyres have a bit of inner wear due to the tracking being slightly out when they were on the front (tracking has since been corrected, front tyres are immaculate).

The paintwork isn't perfect up close; there are are a few small chips, scratches and rust patches, which is to be expected from a car with nine year-old paintwork.

The speedometer doesn't work! Although this issue will probably be rectified by the time the car has gone.

That's really it, so here are some pictures:

PLEASE NOTE: The private plate pictured will NOT be included in the sale. Also, the white tyre writing has been removed.

I'm after ?5000 for the car, NO OFFERS. I'm in no rush whatsoever to sell it, so until I get what I want for it I'll be more than happy to keep it and use it as my pimpin' toy. No test pilots - I'm happy to take anyone interested in the car out for a quick blast in it, however NOBODY will be driving it until I have ?5000 of cleared funds, either in my bank or in my pocket.

I'd like this car to go to a fellow enthusiast, ideally someone who I know will treat the car how I've treated it, however money is money, so if it goes to some pikey **** who bought it with his smack money then so be it.

Last edited by ThumpJunkie; 08-11-10 at 06:49 AM.
Old 07-11-10, 09:36 PM   #2
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Will you really part with it? If so what's the future plans then?
Old 07-11-10, 09:40 PM   #3
ThumpJunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
Will you really part with it? If so what's the future plans then?
I'm not sure and I'm not sure, open to suggestions right now! We get our new Motability car in January (Leon FR!) and I can't help but feel the ZR will be crap in comparison
Old 07-11-10, 09:50 PM   #4
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThumpJunkie View Post
I'm not sure and I'm not sure, open to suggestions right now! We get our new Motability car in January (Leon FR!) and I can't help but feel the ZR will be crap in comparison
Sounds like you should keep the ZR and only use it for fun and shows, you'll regret it mate. I've regretted a few cars I've owned in the past and sold, one a Firenza the other my HSX Chevette. It's not until they are gone do you realise how attached you were.
Old 07-11-10, 10:48 PM   #5
coreygraham180
Lean, Mean and Green

coreygraham180 will become famous soon enough
Can't believe it's up for sale mate a lovly motor who ever get it I hope they treat it the same

Quote:
Speeding has never killed anyone.........suddenly becoming stationary kills you.....Quickly
2010 Forza 3 OBTCC Table 2 Champion
coreygraham180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-10, 06:35 AM   #6
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
Good luck with the sale its a stunning car.

I reckon you have your dates wrong though, "six and a half years of ownership"...."bought in may 2007" last I checked it was still 2010

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Jay-ZS+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-10, 06:49 AM   #7
ThumpJunkie

Cheers guys. I'll no doubt be sad to see it go, but onwards and upwards, eh?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-ZS+ View Post
I reckon you have your dates wrong though, "six and a half years of ownership"...."bought in may 2007" last I checked it was still 2010
Haha, it's meant to say "...years of red ZR ownership", as this is my second one!
Old 09-11-10, 01:26 PM   #8
WXM Matty

WXM Matty is on a distinguished road
Fantastic looking car, loads of time/money spent on it by the looks of it.

Best of luck with the sale (sort of hope it doesnt sell though as I think you will regret it)
Old 09-11-10, 02:35 PM   #9
carmadbaker

carmadbaker has a spectacular aura aboutcarmadbaker has a spectacular aura about
I want it soooo fooking bad!! :-( best looking ZR out there with the spec to match! I want it :-( lol good luck matey

-MK1 MG ZS T16 Turbo 2.1
-Lotus Elise S2 111

You Can't Spell Dangerous Without "Dan"
carmadbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-10, 03:29 PM   #10
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
It is indeed an excellent car, but like others i do not think you should sell it.

If you dont want to drive it mothball it, and only bring it out for shows. IMO you will seriously regret selling it, and if some punk buys it and sticks into a tree within 3 months you would be absolutly gutted i expect!
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote