theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > The Market Place > Parts For Sale

Old 17-02-16, 10:22 PM   #1
top_man_eldo

top_man_eldo is a jewel in the roughtop_man_eldo is a jewel in the roughtop_man_eldo is a jewel in the rough
Rover 620ti Gearbox (Torsen Differential)

So as the breaking continues, I will soon have a Rover 620ti gearbox up for sale. This gearbox has been fitted to my ZS 180 for the past year, and has been rebuilt in the past by AMW Motorsports.

It's got the usual spec', Torsen type B differential, steel caged bearings and a close ratio gear set. I think this is a great mod' for the ZS and 5th gear is slightly higher than the factory fitted gearbox, which is definitely noticeable when cruising down the motorway (70mph is 2,800rpm thereabouts).

Thought I'd offer it up here beforehand, if anyone is interested. It'll be available shortly after I've sorted other parts out for other people.

If anyone is interested, I'd rather this be collection only. I can deliver to a certain distance if required.

2016 Subaru WRX STi
top_man_eldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-16, 07:35 AM   #2
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
Someone should snap this up sharpish

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-16, 07:36 AM   #3
top_man_eldo

top_man_eldo is a jewel in the roughtop_man_eldo is a jewel in the roughtop_man_eldo is a jewel in the rough
Photos will follow soon

2016 Subaru WRX STi
Old 18-02-16, 07:38 AM   #4
Mark S

Mark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to all
the 620ti box has the same ratios and final as the zs-v6, so 5th gear will be the same

The 220 tomcat had long ratios with a 3.6 final drive, much like diesel ratios but that would be revving much lower at 70mph

215/45/17 tyres with the standard ZS ratios does 69mph at 2800rpm in 5th, with speedo inaccuracy it could read 75mph or 70mph with a 215/40/17, as tyre dimensions vary wildly from the numbers they claim, you can include many 205's in the equation also.

Sounds like a 620ti box which is the same as the V6 box but with a diff and new uprated bearings which is a nice touch.
Did they also replace the upper bearings too?
Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-16, 07:46 AM   #5
top_man_eldo

Mark the engine speed is definitely lower at 70mph compared to the factory fitted PG1. It was the first thing that I noticed (think it's posted on my engine swap thread from a year ago). It's a great box though, glad I went for it looking back. I'm not sure about the upper bearings, but it was Adrian at AMW Motorsports who done the rebuild. I drove all the way from Kent to Wrexham to collect it last year, buying it from a guy who was on Rover Tech at the time.

I also have the PG1 short shifter and poly-bushed gear linkage fitted to it which will also be available soon.

2016 Subaru WRX STi

Last edited by top_man_eldo; 18-02-16 at 07:49 AM.
Old 18-02-16, 08:12 AM   #6
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
How much? I'll take it (With short shift and poly bushes if price is right)

I love it when people call me at 3 AM. "Hey, you asleep?" "No, I'm skydiving."

http://www.bexairbrushing.co.uk
ZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-16, 06:52 AM   #7
top_man_eldo

Sold

2016 Subaru WRX STi