theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > The Market Place > Cars For Sale

Old 29-03-14, 06:19 AM   #21
top_man_eldo

top_man_eldo is a jewel in the roughtop_man_eldo is a jewel in the roughtop_man_eldo is a jewel in the rough
Christ you must have spent a few quid on that. What is that engine pumping out?
top_man_eldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-14, 11:03 AM   #22
M17TT180

M17TT180 is a jewel in the roughM17TT180 is a jewel in the roughM17TT180 is a jewel in the roughM17TT180 is a jewel in the rough
Is it road legal? Thinking about having it as my daily lol, think the missus would kill me tho!

Lots of second- hand parts click HERE
Project Typhoon
M17TT180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-14, 11:22 AM   #23
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by M17TT180 View Post
Is it road legal? Thinking about having it as my daily lol, think the missus would kill me tho!
Yeah - you need to just get hold of a nice Zs to tide you over until you see something you really want.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-14, 11:27 AM   #24
MG ZS STE
Site Supporter

MG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillen View Post
My brother decided it would be funny to put a quote from Bruce almighty on the forum and chose this thread to do it :/

So I apologised for that but guess no one saw it haha!
Now I'm curious, what was it?
Old 29-03-14, 04:30 PM   #25
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by M17TT180 View Post
Being a single seater she wouldn't be able to.........

TBH looking at the spec the only obvious problem with MOTs would be Perspex windows.
Old 29-03-14, 04:43 PM   #26
Skillen

Skillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the roughSkillen is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG ZS STE View Post
Now I'm curious, what was it?
I do the cha-cha like a sissy girl.

I "lika"... do... da cha-cha.
Skillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-14, 08:13 AM   #27
redzed

redzed has a spectacular aura aboutredzed has a spectacular aura about
I did try and get an mot on it so it could run on the road and it doesn't stand a chance. Firstly the cams are timed in such a way that it won't pass it's emmisions on idle, it's ok at 3k just not idle. Secondly because of its ulta lightweight flywheel it stalls very easily added to this is a race clutch which doesn't slip at all so unless you are giving everything straight away you just stall, great around a track tho as its like a bullet. The only was it would be good on the road is if you put a normal clutch and flywheel back on and put a cat and pre car back on and fitted the different springs as what's on there is hard for the road. That being said on the way back from the mot centre the drive home was great!!
Old 01-04-14, 10:34 PM   #28
top_man_eldo

top_man_eldo is a jewel in the roughtop_man_eldo is a jewel in the roughtop_man_eldo is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by redzed View Post
I did try and get an mot on it so it could run on the road and it doesn't stand a chance. Firstly the cams are timed in such a way that it won't pass it's emmisions on idle, it's ok at 3k just not idle. Secondly because of its ulta lightweight flywheel it stalls very easily added to this is a race clutch which doesn't slip at all so unless you are giving everything straight away you just stall, great around a track tho as its like a bullet. The only was it would be good on the road is if you put a normal clutch and flywheel back on and put a cat and pre car back on and fitted the different springs as what's on there is hard for the road. That being said on the way back from the mot centre the drive home was great!!
Have you had the car dyno'd?
Old 02-04-14, 06:48 AM   #29
Mark S

Mark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to all
I wouldn't worry too much about peak figures for racing - assuming that's what you intend to do? its more how fat the power is and how quick it accelerates (such as from 60-90), there are many things a race car needs that an average dyno just does not measure.
Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-14, 12:47 PM   #30
top_man_eldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S View Post
I wouldn't worry too much about peak figures for racing - assuming that's what you intend to do? its more how fat the power is and how quick it accelerates (such as from 60-90), there are many things a race car needs that an average dyno just does not measure.
Eh? I'm not worried about anything. I was just asking if he'd had it put on a rolling road as I was interested in the engine performance?