theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > The Market Place > Cars For Sale

Old 12-10-13, 12:13 PM   #1
BUCKYDEVIL

BUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud of
Bxo5 zzl - anyone know it ?

Muckin about on Autotrader(As you do) found this little surprise very close to home.
Saloon,look's like Firefrost Red & tidy Alcantara.
Mighty tempted to go see & maybe trade the ZS for a ZS
would help if anyone has background on it.
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...ge/1?logcode=p
BUCKYDEVIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-13, 12:23 PM   #2
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Love the write up.
Old 12-10-13, 12:26 PM   #3
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
I'll take a guess that the first owner was MGR, a lot of the late BX plates were cars they registered to themselves.

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-13, 12:30 PM   #4
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Yep, my one was.
Old 12-10-13, 03:29 PM   #5
Maxfly
Site Ambassador

Maxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to all
Certainly don't recognise it but will go wi the two P's thoughts about it being ex MGR. Looks lovely, only question is beltage unless I missed it? Really nice though and I always recommend swapping/wrecking a ZS for another one
Old 12-10-13, 06:18 PM   #6
andys1981

andys1981 is a jewel in the roughandys1981 is a jewel in the roughandys1981 is a jewel in the rough
that is a clean looking zed,even the badges arent faded,maybe been garaged all its life,looks a fine example marcus
andys1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-13, 06:15 PM   #7
BUCKYDEVIL

BUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud of
Went and looked at this & it was in such good nick I coulda pitched a trouser tent on the spot :-)
belts not done though but that didnt bother me if price for a trade in was worth taking a punt on
Took it out for a run & I was well chuffed with everything bout it
asked bout a trade in & got offered £750 for mine. Pahh !!
Thought I would give the guy some time & to call me if he could up the price for mine,,
crap idea that, went back yesterday & it's sold :-(
So stickin with what I got for now & treated it to Continental sports on all 4 corners & went for
215/40/17 to try something different, went round an empty industrial estate & turned quick & hard on wet (wide) corners. Big smiles & found a bit of the trouser tent pitchin for the ZS I already have.
Tyre guy showed me a real nasty big screw in rear tyre inside sidewall,, coulda been nasty a blowout.
Old 18-10-13, 06:31 PM   #8
peterzs
promoted bloke!

Shame, but I always think there is a reason if you dont get it.

Dont know how the screws/nails always get in the sidewall, or the bit that they cant repair. Still lucky to find it when you did.
Old 18-10-13, 06:51 PM   #9
ZRed

ZRed is a jewel in the roughZRed is a jewel in the roughZRed is a jewel in the roughZRed is a jewel in the rough
Sounds like let's go turbo
Old 18-10-13, 06:52 PM   #10
BUCKYDEVIL

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterzs View Post
Shame, but I always think there is a reason if you dont get it.

Dont know how the screws/nails always get in the sidewall, or the bit that they cant repair. Still lucky to find it when you did.
Old saying is "What's for you wont go bye you"
Was a nice 180 & who know's new buyer may turn up here.

Yip Screw was really strange for the spot & how deep it was, I do check my tyres prob bout every 4/5 wks & check pressure at same time, but honestly never checked insides before. lesson learnt