theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > The Market Place > Cars For Sale

Old 04-12-13, 05:46 PM   #1
garyzs180black

garyzs180black is on a distinguished road
Zs180 anthracite hatchback for sale

I AM RELUCTANTLY SELLING MY ZS 180 ANTHRACITE HATCHBACK AS I HAD TO BUY A FRIENDS BARGAIN SAAB .THE CAR HAS 117K MILES AND WAS PURCHASED FROM SITE TRADER MAXTEDS , AFTER I DROVE HIS ZS TRACK CAR AND I HAD TO HAVE ONE ! USING MAXTEDS / FORUM HELP THE CAR HAS BEEN DEVELOPED WITH A CUSTOM RAMAIR ENCLOSED INDUCTION KIT WITH INNER WING COLD FEED : REMOTE OIL CATCH TANK :BALANCE VIS MOTOR REMOVED AS DYNO TESTS PROVED IT RAN BETTER WITHOUT ONE LINKED TO MAXTEDS DECAT TRACK DAY EXHAUST SYSTEM WHICH IS FRUITY , BUT IT COMES WITH A SPARE X-POWER FULL SYSTEM IF THE OTHER IS TOO FRUITY ! :NO MANIFOLD RATTLES OR CLUTCH GREMLINS :RECENT FULL SERVICE WITH FUCHS RACE TITAN SYNTHETIC / FUEL FILTER AND DENSO IRIDIUM PLUGS:UPGRADED NON HID BULBS;NEW THERMOSTAT HOUSING / HOSES.UPGRADED PIONEER SYSTEM WITH INFINITY SPEAKERS
BAD POINTS:CIG HOLE IN SEAT BASE,SMALL CRACK TO FRONT BUMPER,COUPLE OF CAR PARK DINGS ,USUAL HEATER BLOWER ON 3 OR 4 ONLY.

GOOD POINTS:PLENTY OF TAX AND TEST ,COUPLE OF SPARE BRIDGESTONE TYRES THROWN IN PLUS HAYNES MANUAL, GOES LIKE STINK ,GLORIOUS V6 HOWL /POPPING ON OVERUN.....CHEAP THRILLS
ONLY SELLING AS WE HAVE TWO OTHER TRACK DAY CARS,NEVER TRACKED THIS ONE BUT IF NO DECENT OFFERS MAY KEEP AND THRASH IT !

OFFERS INVITED

http://i1371.photobucket.com/albums/...ps9f6fbd25.jpg

http://i1371.photobucket.com/albums/...psa947ad31.jpg

http://i1371.photobucket.com/albums/...ps04a08319.jpg
garyzs180black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-13, 05:56 PM   #2
Djules

Djules has a spectacular aura aboutDjules has a spectacular aura about
I hate full upercased posts, can't see the point...
Djules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-13, 06:08 PM   #3
Mark S

Mark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyzs180black View Post
BALANCE VIS MOTOR REMOVED AS DYNO TESTS PROVED IT RAN BETTER WITHOUT ONE
I would be interested to see those dyno test results...
Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-13, 06:19 PM   #4
garyzs180black

Dyno Tests

The dyno runs were actually run on Maxteds track ZS180 , and the knowledge gleened he passed on to my car.
Old 04-12-13, 07:44 PM   #5
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyzs180black View Post
The dyno runs were actually run on Maxteds track ZS180 , and the knowledge gleened he passed on to my car.
but nobody has actually ever produced the print outs.

Anyway, back to the thread subject - why not sell the Saab?
Old 04-12-13, 10:17 PM   #6
garyzs180black

I took advice from Nick Maxted as to what his similar car produced with / without a balance VIS on dyno runs , I never asked for proof , but on my car ,with my induction kit / his exhaust system it definitely ran better with the balance VIS removed .This may not apply to other cars / induction / exhaust set ups.
With regards to selling the Saab , I had a 9-5 Aero before the ZS and they are amazing cars , the one I have just bought is from a friend who has owned it from new , serviced on the mark ,all the best oils etc , under half average mileage and way below market asking prices......a no brainer .The ZS was always going to be a daily drive/ track day tool , but I use a BRM for track days as well as an MX5 so it has to go I'm afraid.