theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 03-10-14, 07:53 PM   #1
tallgeese

tallgeese is on a distinguished road
Bad day

After all the time and effort I put into the ZS getting her running just nice some arse with bull bars decided to ram the back end and speed off before I could do anything so now I have a dented boot and a crack in the bumper. They are not awful but that being said I'm devastated to the point where I'm gunna try and re sell her at what is going to be a big loss

Just thought I'd mention my woes before I put her up for sale. I really could just cry
Old 03-10-14, 08:43 PM   #2
maxtherotti

maxtherotti will become famous soon enough
that sucks but take a breath and calm before you knee jerk into a descision you will regret

Rob
Old 03-10-14, 09:21 PM   #3
tallgeese

I have full no claims mate but not protected so won't be claiming plus I'm too vein to drive a dented car so she has to go
Old 03-10-14, 10:05 PM   #4
MG ZS STE
Site Supporter

MG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really niceMG ZS STE is just really nice
Is it a mk1? Loads of bumpers and boot lids available id have thought if it is.
Old 04-10-14, 12:07 AM   #5
tallgeese

Nope it's a royal blue mk2
Old 04-10-14, 08:24 AM   #6
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
No chance of any CCTV of the offender from any local cameras? Scum of the earth those who do that, the wife's MGF got reversed into and off they drove.
Old 04-10-14, 09:31 AM   #7
tallgeese

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
No chance of any CCTV of the offender from any local cameras? Scum of the earth those who do that, the wife's MGF got reversed into and off they drove.
No the cams in the area were pointed the wrong way, I gave the police a description but they won't go hunting for the sod
All I can do is either pay to fix it myself or leave it and drive as is and as I'm too skint and vein im letting her go. I'm sure I'll end up with another one most likely a V6 so not all bad just a shame after all the bloody effort I put in to her.
Old 04-10-14, 09:55 AM   #8
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Shame - got to be honest though - don't really see the logic in selling a damaged car that you've spent time and money on.

You won't get it's true value and then if you're skint, it's not like you can add money to whatever you get for the ZS to get a decent replacement. what's a damaged ZS worth - few hundred quid ... ?

If the damage's not that bad - just bung a sticker over it until you find a replacement part - we'll all keep an eye out for you.

If on the other hand, you've just decided to move on, then I wish you well.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-14, 12:11 PM   #9
tallgeese

I can't help it I'm just so anal about body work it has to be dent free or it bugs the hell out of me, very ocd about it :/
I'm sure who ever get her will spend a few quid sorting the dents and will have a great car, if I'm being honest I'm still lusting after a V6 so it's a good excuse to sell