theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 11-12-10, 04:11 PM   #1
weagie

weagie is on a distinguished road
She's mine......but with issues!

I am indeed a happy camper as the zed is now all mine and no longer a concern of my ex who was about to hand it over to the finance company despite all the time and money i spent. The best bit? She may not know about it! As i was getting the mail from the finance company I don't think she has had anything from them about it all being paid off lol.
Now the bad bits, I have spent a lot of cash on her but looks like i will need to spend even more now! All door handles are on the move, losing coolant from somewhere, brake pads nearly done,strange smell inside kinda like something is and has been dead for a while? and noticed that the rear, passenger tyre is very badly worn on the inside and not to sure why as the rest of the tyres were fine. I say were as at seven this morning on my way to work i hit what can only be described as the mother of all potholes. I simply did not see it and hit the ******! Long story short i put a large dent on the inside edge of the rear and a smaller one on the inside of the front and punctured both tyres. took em off at work and went to farmers for some cheap rubber only to be told that the wheels are goosed. Halfords seem the easiest option now as i can get a set of wheels and tyres tomorrow but they ain't the best. Any ideas about my zed issues feel free to let me know or simply just have a giggle, I did, so as not to cry about the whole thing lol.
weagie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-10, 04:33 PM   #2
neiljm0

neiljm0 will become famous soon enough
cheeper than halfords are these they look similar to mk1 straights.i will be investing in a set next week
http://www.wheelandtyre.co.uk/alloy-...lverstone.html
neiljm0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-10, 04:52 PM   #3
andys1981

andys1981 is a jewel in the roughandys1981 is a jewel in the roughandys1981 is a jewel in the rough
welcome back buddy,glad to hear ye got thing sorted with the motor,financially,am sure we can give ye a dig out if need be,its a shame as i sold my straights about 3 wks ago
andys1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-10, 05:14 PM   #4
weagie

Cheers lads, glad to have her back but cant believe i'm off the road again. they wheels look great but i realy need em now lol. need the car for work.
Old 11-12-10, 05:43 PM   #5
Maxfly
Site Ambassador

Maxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to all
glad things on your side bud Dead body smell could be your aircon need a clean out. Get wee tins in tescos and halfords, comes in aerosol and removes bacterial build up that causes nasty niffs
Old 11-12-10, 06:11 PM   #6
weagie

Will it still smell if its never used? i've never had it on since i bought it
Old 11-12-10, 06:14 PM   #7
Maxfly
Site Ambassador

Maxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by weagie View Post
Will it still smell if its never used? i've never had it on since i bought it

aye, really you should have the aircon on for at least ten mins per week, helps keep everything moving and mixed, and stops it going stale
Old 11-12-10, 06:16 PM   #8
weagie

Fair nuff, to be honest i just open the window if i want cool air.
Old 11-12-10, 06:17 PM   #9
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by neiljm0 View Post
cheeper than halfords are these they look similar to mk1 straights.i will be investing in a set next week
http://www.wheelandtyre.co.uk/alloy-...lverstone.html
Look decent enough to me. Ditch finder tyres though most likely ....
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-10, 06:18 PM   #10
Maxfly
Site Ambassador

lol, i know tis the easiest way tbh. Rarely use mine either tbh, just try and remember often enough to keep it fresh but even then aircon systems still need anibac'd now and again as well as regas