theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 15-01-10, 10:27 AM   #21
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGPete View Post
A good woofer truly adds to the sound ......
But I don't sit in the boot listening to the stereo, or park up at McDonalds and stand around it ......
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-10, 10:36 AM   #22
MGPete

MGPete is on a distinguished road
LOL, neither do I

'cos if I would, the woofer would sound crap. It just adds to the overall sound mate
And no, I'm not one of those boomcar guys with hardstyle house. I'm a metal fan so the bass should not overpower the music. It just gives the bassguitar a little more depth.

Some people keep all the ZS' original speakers and just add a woofer for that extra dimension a woofer gives.

Pete1970

VVC POWERRRRR
Commission no. ZS-019959, MGCC Mem. No. 112252
MGPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-10, 10:39 AM   #23
Simon's ZS-120

Simon's ZS-120 is on a distinguished road
my sub has become very loud and needs bigger speakers for treble i like loud music so going to invest in some good front speakers

The MG ZS MK2 120 In X-Power Grey
Simon's ZS-120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-10, 11:33 AM   #24
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1971 View Post
But I don't sit in the boot listening to the stereo, or park up at McDonalds and stand around it ......
Never had my car anywhere near McDonalds cant stand the place! lol With a good sound system you shouldnt be able to hear it from outside! I paid for my audio equipment I dont want others listening to it But lightweight is definatly the way forward for best sound quality get some decent headphones and plug yourself in weighs alot less!! (jokin!)

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Jay-ZS+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-10, 02:34 PM   #25
Glen290

Glen290 is on a distinguished road
i have a blaupunkt DAB 54 headunit in, some blaupunkt 6x9's on shelf and a smallish JBL sub in boot, shame they never made any of those stealth boxes for the ZS, they always looked smart..

www.bowluk.com
Glen290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-10, 02:41 PM   #26
Bobdope2002
Senior Pant Sniffer

Bobdope2002 is on a distinguished road
i have a sony HU, Some new speakers i got from halfrauds and a small sub in the boot floor

Does me fine
Bobdope2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-10, 07:35 PM   #27
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1971 View Post
Never quite got the big box in the boot thing .....
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGPete View Post
A good woofer truly adds to the sound.........
even though I listern to Radio 4 a lot I agree that a sub adds to the quality of the sound, even if it is only talk, it gives the sound much greater depth

and then when I do play AC/DC or 'tallica...............

As others have said, it isn't ovensively load to outsiders.
Old 15-01-10, 07:39 PM   #28
grimmy

Got a Kenwood head unit in the car with kenwood speakers in the doors and parcel shelf with a 300 watt fusion amp running 2 12" mutant subs in a custom box cheap as hell i know but does what i need it to improve the sound.Slipknot Slayer and suicidal tendencies sound amazing
Old 15-01-10, 08:05 PM   #29
mattie007

mattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nice
Do head units make much difference to the sound quality?
Ive currently got a Sony head unit which is about 5 years old but Ive never been happy with the sound.
Ive got decent speakers, boston in the front and infinity in the rear plus a 1000w Fli sub.
Im thinking my head unit is the cause of the poor sound? Or is it because its not all amped up?
Old 15-01-10, 08:39 PM   #30
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
It depends on the head unit, most manufacturers produce cheaper as well as expensive ones.

I've a high end Sony in my maestro along with sony speakers and active sub and the sounds is superb, however the cheap sony in our ZR produces a much poorer sound.