Old 01-10-12, 08:08 PM   #11
Nobrainer

Nobrainer has a spectacular aura aboutNobrainer has a spectacular aura about
Had 2 180s. Since February!
Nobrainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-12, 08:17 PM   #12
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Not being biased or anything but I've only had one ZS180.......................................howeve r I have had this nearly 8 years so that tells you something and I have had as many cars as Dan, well nearly

Great cars, good fun and cheap to buy and run compared to similar cars plus this community will keep you on the road and will help retain your sanity.
Old 01-10-12, 08:20 PM   #13
theboynoz

theboynoz is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1971 View Post
Had a few - always had a good rationale for changing and always ended coming back from newer cars.

Pound for pound I doubt there's a better value car out there and with the forums, a great community spirit to keep you on the road.

In brief -
Diesels - 100 or 115bhp are good - great mpg and tuneable for peanuts. I tuned mine to 150bhp for about £200 and it still did 40+mpg.
Petrol 110 and 120s are the K series 4 cylinder. I haven't owned one personally but apparently have a decent turn of pace and quite cheap to run. Some say it handles better because it's lighter than the others.
Petrol 180 is the KV6 and flagship. Grunt and torque and with some basic mods - good for about 190bhp+ with a beautiful engine note to go along with it. Anything over 200bhp will cost you. As with any V6 though, a bit juicy and more expensive on the tax and insurance.

Buyer tips are on here of you go looking seriously. To cap it all - both hatch and saloon are very practical family cars ..... Go drive one mate - you'll love it.
To add, if I may, each time I think about selling the Zed (120+) I drive it and forget about going to the dealer I was supposed to head for! As for the turn of pace, I kept up with a moddified Golf GT TDi not long back and since then I have fixed the issues preventing me from driving fast LMAO. On a track of course....

The only car I have seriously considered changing for is the V6, the ZS' are one of the best cars I have driven all round, and I have had a few and driven shed loads!

The community we have hear is great, everyone helps with advice, and there is a vast knowledge base here too! Not that the ZS community doesn't have that, I had a great laugh with you guys at the Harrogate meet/show, but I think i'd stick with the ZS at the end of the day Lol

Drives:
ZS MK2 - XPG 120+, Climate Control, Leather/Alcantara, standard so long as you ignore the backbox, and brilliant fun to drive!
Mondeo MK3 LX - Silver, family runabout, 1.8 16v, standard, does the job!

Last edited by theboynoz; 01-10-12 at 08:27 PM. Reason: added community bit
theboynoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-12, 03:43 AM   #14
waynester

waynester is on a distinguished road
Can only agree with what has already been said, the 180 is just superb value for the handling & V6 engine!
Yes we own V6's so could be considered biased, but...without blowing sunshine up your ***, they really are that good. Assuming you get a good one, there are still dogs out there, the same as any marques.

Try one & report back.

*Car was SOTW August '12
waynester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-12, 10:26 PM   #15
MR TWO

MR TWO is on a distinguished road
Just my opinion Got my zs180 recently came from a SW20 1996 2.0 mr2 (175hp 0-60 in 7.5 secconds). i have to say i wish i got a mr2 turbo. (242 hp as standard 0-60 5.5 secconds)

the zs feels tighter somehow. but i miss the way mid engine changes direction. the Zs torque comes in handy for normal driving when you dont want to rag it. but when you feel a 300hp+ modded jap car boost its somthing elce!

fuel consumption is also stinging me at the moment this is the MAJOR downside of the zs 180 over the zr 160!

Last edited by MR TWO; 29-10-12 at 10:59 PM.
MR TWO is offline   Reply With Quote