Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Technical Area > Build Projects

Closed Thread

Old 29-03-10, 10:22 PM   #101
tb steve

tb steve has a spectacular aura abouttb steve has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
I would have liked to have seen this set-up run after a remap as 203.4 is low for such mods as mine peaked at 200 without cams. What sort of figures are you hoping for with the new set-up?
to be honest i dont know its never realy been done before on a road car but 230+ would be nice ????
it start out as i wonted to get shoot of the vis/plem as mine was dead anyway and i did not wont to pay £600 for a new plem and possible in a few years time have it go again so ive ended up with what i have now lol
Old 30-03-10, 07:35 AM   #102
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Whatever the gain is it's a win/win situation. Like you rightly say you are now shot of the dodgy vis and plenum. If all goes smoothly and the results are better than expected this sort of modification would be a blessing in disguise if it could be replicated.
Old 01-04-10, 01:47 PM   #103
staccato

staccato is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
I would have liked to have seen this set-up run after a remap as 203.4 is low for such mods as mine peaked at 200 without cams. What sort of figures are you hoping for with the new set-up?
each car is very different in the figures it produces by the looks of it.

My previous 180 had Janspeed manis, sports cat and cat back. It had ITG maxogen and piper cams and a Dastek unichip and that made 203bhp on it's final run.

I'm just about to buy Ralphs MK2 ZS 180 and his has the original Sport and Racing janspeed manifolds, standard cat, x-power back box and open cone in the wing and that made 204bhp using a decat pipe. It's uncertain as to whether any modifications have been done internally though as this was originally a development car for the sprintex supercharger. It's possible the MG S&R put cams in it or flowed the head to gain those figures
Old 01-04-10, 01:55 PM   #104
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by staccato View Post
each car is very different in the figures it produces by the looks of it.

My previous 180 had Janspeed manis, sports cat and cat back. It had ITG maxogen and piper cams and a Dastek unichip and that made 203bhp on it's final run.

I'm just about to buy Ralphs MK2 ZS 180 and his has the original Sport and Racing janspeed manifolds, standard cat, x-power back box and open cone in the wing and that made 204bhp using a decat pipe. It's uncertain as to whether any modifications have been done internally though as this was originally a development car for the sprintex supercharger. It's possible the MG S&R put cams in it or flowed the head to gain those figures
That will be a nice one to have stunning colour too Does that mean we will be seeing more of you now youve come back to MG?

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Old 01-04-10, 04:29 PM   #105
staccato

staccato is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-ZS+ View Post
That will be a nice one to have stunning colour too Does that mean we will be seeing more of you now youve come back to MG?
I've never truly left lol
Old 01-04-10, 06:31 PM   #106
MG6Turbo
Banned

MG6Turbo is on a distinguished road
Flywheel figures are always a bit hit and miss. I would only go by the at wheels figure, which for cams with minor mods should be in the region of 175bhp@wheels.

A std supercharged zs 180 with no mods whatsoever puts out 190bhp@wheels adding filter and catback exhaust sees this climb to 210/215bhp@wheels.

Never the less, Steves throttle bodied car should see 190bhp@wheels.
Old 01-04-10, 06:33 PM   #107
Supercharged_Z
KV6 Supercharged

Supercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really nice
a good supercharged car put out 229 atw

one to be replicated shortly...

sorry thread hijack lol.
Old 02-04-10, 07:27 AM   #108
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by rovermgparts View Post
Flywheel figures are always a bit hit and miss.
I thought the flywheel reading was more acurate as it doesn't have to deal with anything in the drivetrain.
Old 02-04-10, 07:57 AM   #109
MG6Turbo
Banned

MG6Turbo is on a distinguished road
Nope, the wheel figure is the most accurate, as the flywheel figure is worked out from it, so there will be drivetrain losses to equate for.

To be totally accurate, the engine would need to be removed and placed on an engine dyno.
Old 02-04-10, 12:20 PM   #110
tb steve

tb steve has a spectacular aura abouttb steve has a spectacular aura about
good news
engine going back in next week
Closed Thread