theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Technical Area > Build Projects

Old 28-12-16, 07:12 AM   #221
ZS Phil

ZS Phil has a spectacular aura aboutZS Phil has a spectacular aura about
Thanks for the tips, just doing some swatting up for the big day tomorrow.

Looking good with the decat but I'm going to have to go the opposite way with mine, regs say they have to have a cat fitted, the other issue I had was at the last track day I pulled 111 db on the noise test which is obviously over the 105 limit. Luckily they let me run anyway but im hoping a 100 cell cat will bring it down a bit and keep me legal on both counts.
Old 28-12-16, 09:33 AM   #222
JOHNDQ

JOHNDQ is on a distinguished road
Hope all goes well mate cant see there being a problem tho if I can do it anyone can let me know how you find it is it tomoz your doing it? What series you going for?
JOHNDQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-16, 07:36 AM   #223
ZS Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNDQ View Post
Hope all goes well mate cant see there being a problem tho if I can do it anyone can let me know how you find it is it tomoz your doing it? What series you going for?
Thanks

For anybody else reading it really isn't too bad as long as you know the flags. Some of the questions were hilarious, I remember one which was something along the lines of "When should you present your licence?" Is it... A. To show off to your girlfriend. etc etc.

Anyway, I passed so another step closer to holding everybody up in one of the series, exactly which one I haven't decided. I need to look into entry fees and race dates and make a decision. At present I'm torn between Peter Best and Cockshoot.

What about you?
Old 30-12-16, 08:51 AM   #224
JOHNDQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZS Phil View Post
Thanks

For anybody else reading it really isn't too bad as long as you know the flags. Some of the questions were hilarious, I remember one which was something along the lines of "When should you present your licence?" Is it... A. To show off to your girlfriend. etc etc.

Anyway, I passed so another step closer to holding everybody up in one of the series, exactly which one I haven't decided. I need to look into entry fees and race dates and make a decision. At present I'm torn between Peter Best and Cockshoot.

What about you?
Top job mate well done there is some funny questions isn't there, as you say other than flags common sense should get you though really I'm sure I had that question about license to. I think I will be running in 750's hot hatch series. Cant believe you got to use a ZS mine was a 308GTI
Old 30-12-16, 11:10 AM   #225
Mark S

Mark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZS Phil View Post
Thanks

What about you?

Cams, non standard ratio's or a diff will put you out of class B of the Peter Best and into class 'C'
The V6 is a class 'C' only car in the Cockshoot.

Race fees and dates are very similar for both.

There are more ZS's in the cockshoot, basically all the ZS guys bar Peter Burchill run in the Cockshoot.

Cockshoot Class C can run slicks and full race wets, you could run road tyres also.
Peter Best is road tyres only.

The new gen road tyres are fast, not much slower than a slick.
New Gen wets, such as rainsport 3 are fast in the wet.
Whilst there are gains in full race tyres, they are not huge amounts faster like yesteryear or like some trackday heroes think they are.

Brand new race tyres are more money than road tyres, but you can pick up used slicks for very little money and race wets, whilst rare are not much used.

I looked seriously at the Peter Best for 2017, only to be told by hierarchy that there will be such little interest and attendees in class C that its not worth bothering with!!!

The ZS struggles in parity against the ZR190 at most circuits (this is not a held belief in the Peter Best, but TSL timing evidence supports what I say) but at least you will be racing against other ZS's in the cockshoot.
Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-16, 02:03 PM   #226
JOHNDQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S View Post
Cams, non standard ratio's or a diff will put you out of class B of the Peter Best and into class 'C'

There are more ZS's in the cockshoot, basically all the ZS guys bar Peter Burchill run in the Cockshoot.

Cockshoot Class C can run slicks and full race wets, you could run road tyres also.

Whilst there are gains in full race tyres, they are not huge amounts faster like yesteryear or like some trackday heroes think they are.

Brand new race tyres are more money than road tyres, but you can pick up used slicks for very little money and race wets, whilst rare are not much used.

I looked seriously at the Peter Best for 2017, only to be told by hierarchy that there will be such little interest and attendees in class C that its not worth bothering with!!!

The ZS struggles in parity against the ZR190 at most circuits (this is not a held belief in the Peter Best, but TSL timing evidence supports what I say) but at least you will be racing against other ZS's in the cockshoot.
Would be a bit unfair to expect the ZS's to be faster than the ZR190's tho wouldn't it they are to be fair running a full race engine
Old 30-12-16, 02:46 PM   #227
Mark S

Mark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to all
true, yet some think the zs's are running 230bhp or thereabouts, and as we all know, circuit racing is all about the numbers!!!!!!
Old 30-12-16, 05:42 PM   #228
JOHNDQ

Quote:
true, yet some think the zs's are running 230bhp or thereabouts, and as we all know, circuit racing is all about the numbers!!!!!!
What's there engine spec?
Old 31-12-16, 07:51 AM   #229
Mark S

270 cams, intake is free but standard throttle body must be retained!!!
Old 01-01-17, 11:28 AM   #230
ZS Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNDQ View Post
Top job mate well done there is some funny questions isn't there, as you say other than flags common sense should get you though really I'm sure I had that question about license to. I think I will be running in 750's hot hatch series. Cant believe you got to use a ZS mine was a 308GTI
I've not really looked into that, whats made you lean that way rather than the MG champs? The 308 uses the 1.6 mini turbo engine doesn't it?

Quote:

Hmm, pros and cons for each really. How many ZS's are out this season do we think in the Cockshoot? Be interesting to hear why Peter went over to Peter Best.

Quote:
270 cams, intake is free but standard throttle body must be retained!!!
That explains your facebook post then!