AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 24-02-10, 06:15 PM   #1
Tony10

Tony10 is on a distinguished road
Insurance! Valuation

Hello guys.

The wifes car is written off. Insuarance valued the car at 6k but ir ekon its worth way more than that it was 8k in Aug last year. Can anyone help me with getting a free car valuation? That the insuarance will accept.

It was a 08 plate Toyota Aygo Blue with 17, 000 miles. 1.0 VVTI engine

What do you do about optional extra's on the car toyota in car hands free etc? Can I claim for that?

Also I am challeneging the valuation how do I do that? Just phoen them what evidence will I need?

Any help would be great
Thanks

Tony

MG ZS180 176bhp Standard

Tony10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-10, 06:37 PM   #2
will-w

will-w is on a distinguished road
AutoTrader is your friend!

Print off multiple adverts proving that it's worth more and send them a letter stating that you do not accept their first offer - might be an idea to call them and let them know that you are doing this before..

Derv power baby!

will-w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-10, 08:02 PM   #3
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

If you have any receipts for the extra's, take a photo copy and send them with a covering letter claiming for the loss. If you have any other receipts, tyres, servicing etc I'd send a copy, it shows the car has been well maintained, I think you can also claim for the loss of any damaged items of your wifes, such as CD's etc.

Best of luck with the claim, as Will says, get some adverts, try the Main Toyota garage near you, they normally will have a web page, you can get some idea of the current going rate for your car.
Old 24-02-10, 09:20 PM   #4
R8NMG

R8NMG will become famous soon enough
Is the handsfree you are talking is the bluetooth connectivity? I also bought an 08 Aygo Platinum MMT with Aircon for £8.2k when new so you can judge how much yours is worth. I also bought gap insurance for £80. £6k does sound abit low for an 08 Aygo Blue. Think a dealer near me is selling a 56 Aygo Sport for £6k.

Best of luck with the claim.
R8NMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-10, 08:02 AM   #5
Tony10

Tony10 is on a distinguished road
Yeah thats the bluetooth Toyota system. £300 extra. You see I am bit miffed becuase I bought the car from a good freind and got an amazing deal last year! It had 6k on the clock and payed about £1000 less than you! For the same car! Grr! Well I will just have to wait untill the rwrite to us to confirm what the valuation and settlement is then I can do battle! The onl other option I think we have is to o and take out the extra Items from the car instead of getting the extra cash. At what point does the vehicle leave my ownership?

MG ZS180 176bhp Standard

Tony10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-10, 08:13 AM   #6
R8NMG

R8NMG will become famous soon enough
The bluetooth handsfree connectivity is standard on the Aygo Blue unless you have also installed the handsfree cradle which is extra. Oh the Aygo Sport I previously mentioned is a 5 door and done 22k but you should find plenty of examples of the Blue to gauage the prices. Aygo holds their value very well so aim for more.
R8NMG is offline   Reply With Quote