theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Technical Area > Build Projects

Old 04-07-10, 05:32 PM   #61
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Pete, 3k is nearly flat out for a derv, no wonder you got an earful!!

Hope its a cheap fix, all the best.
Old 04-07-10, 05:50 PM   #62
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
not in mine it isnt Peter! mine pulls all the way to 4400 (well it did for a short while until it blew itself up )

dont think it is going to be a cheap fix, taking the head off requires all the belts etc off as well, and if i get the block wire and grooved then that is engine out completely....

Ah well it is keeping me out of trouble...

Edit oh, a nice satanic post count i have now
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-10, 11:38 PM   #63
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Hope its not an Omen!!!!!

Old 08-07-10, 09:14 PM   #64
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
Right quick update...

Head came off on tuesday and Matt gave me a call on wendnesday - repeat head lift but this time coolant at 1 & 4 went. around the fasteners for the ARP studs it has stayed nice and tight but lifted in the middle

not really sure where that leaves us, as it is looking like it is a design issue rather than soemthing we can fix....

but am still hoping some analysis of the exhaust manifold pressure gives us a final avenue to look into... but might just have to tone it down *sniff*
Dieselpowered
AMW Motorsports
Old 05-08-10, 01:42 PM   #65
p_b82
Site Supporter

hmm has it really been a month.... where did it go i wonder... ah yes i remember, out the country...

Anyhoo spoke to Matt and the car has been rebuilt and he is putting on a few running in miles.

needed to have a new set of dowels as there was too much play with old ones, and a new set of lifters. the old ones had signs of impact damage; Matt can only surmise that due to the higher temps and pressures, the metal of the cams expanded and caused contact.

The good news is that the car is running better than it has been for a while and is just waiting on a 2 new tyres before it goes for an MOT (sat or monday).

Matt was just off to the shops to buy a boost gauge as well to fashion up the exhuast manifold pressure reader, and then we can see quite what the EMP is hitting on high boost high RPM situations....

Get the Aircon hopefully sorted as well...

However i was slightly concerned when Matt started talking about custom exhuast manifolds and 16v heads again; I think he shocked himself about being so interested in an 'an old tractor engine'. However it is not a route i plan to go down anytime soon!

More likely would be a VNT turbo if anything
Dieselpowered
AMW Motorsports
Old 05-08-10, 01:47 PM   #66
peterzs
promoted bloke!

Smile

Hope its sorted, the other mods sound like serious money!!!

Old 05-08-10, 01:48 PM   #67
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
Glad to hear its back up and running, dont really understand all the technical stuff involved on the darkside! Although it sounds expensive

Got my fingers crossed it all goes without any problems

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Jay-ZS+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-10, 01:50 PM   #68
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
EMP! I'm staying well away from you then!
Old 05-08-10, 01:51 PM   #69
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
EMP! I'm staying well away from you then!
lol Dont want to start glowing green or go up in a puff of smoke!! Quite fitting for a Derv I guess

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Jay-ZS+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-10, 02:36 PM   #70
p_b82
Site Supporter

heheh different EMP; this one is exhaust manifold pressure....

tho that would be a good way to make sure you win a drag race, just knock out the elctrics of the competitor....

I am making a guess here Jay, but i think that the rebuild with all the new bits and gubbins will prob have been more than your new engine was
Dieselpowered
AMW Motorsports