theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 18-06-12, 10:36 AM   #11
Enright

Enright is a jewel in the roughEnright is a jewel in the roughEnright is a jewel in the roughEnright is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav View Post
The soldering job, is that something Z and F tuning could do? Coz then they could remap it at the same time. Have you got any links to the bloke that did the conversion first time?
I’m not familiar with Z & F tuning so couldn’t say. I’m sure it would at least be worth a phone call to ask them though.
I’m pretty sure I’ve got a number for the guy – I bumped into him at a scrap-yard in Derby, and apparently he runs another local breaker’s. Again – worth a quick chat to find out more, after all information doesn’t cost anything.

Mk2 MG ZS TD 115 with full 180 kit (and 2x Lotus Elan SE Turbos)
Enright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-12, 11:39 AM   #12
Dav

Dav is on a distinguished road
I tried their website, but they use Flash and I have an iPhone I'll email them later with a few questions and see what they come back with

AW04 HZG - My first love, in that scrapheap in the sky
SC54 FOU - The new bit, I'm in love again
Dav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-12, 07:57 AM   #13
Enright

Enright is a jewel in the roughEnright is a jewel in the roughEnright is a jewel in the roughEnright is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enright View Post
I’m pretty sure I’ve got a number for the guy (that did the VVC conversion) – I bumped into him at a scrap-yard in Derby, and apparently he runs another local breaker’s. Again – worth a quick chat to find out more, after all information doesn’t cost anything.
Here we go - the only details I got were the names Dave + Ant and the number 07595 704340 on an oily scrap of paper. The number may not even work - I've never tried it. But if you get the car it could be worth investigating with them.
As far as I would be concerned, the first thing I'd want to know would be if theirs was a Mk1 or Mk2, and what their feelings are about the possibility of a Mk2 VVC conversion.

Mk2 MG ZS TD 115 with full 180 kit (and 2x Lotus Elan SE Turbos)
Enright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-12, 08:07 PM   #14
s18had

s18had is on a distinguished road
it looks like one i was watching on ebay with hgf for £900 so may have been fixed to sell on. it was 6 or so months ago itwas on ebay if its the same one
s18had is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-12, 10:58 PM   #15
Dav

Have you got a link to it?

EDIT: Ignore that, I didn't read your post properly lol

Was the one you were watching in Southampton?

Old 19-06-12, 11:02 PM   #16
Dav

Quote:
Here we go - the only details I got were the names Dave + Ant and the number 07595 704340 on an oily scrap of paper. The number may not even work - I've never tried it. But if you get the car it could be worth investigating with them.
As far as I would be concerned, the first thing I'd want to know would be if theirs was a Mk1 or Mk2, and what their feelings are about the possibility of a Mk2 VVC conversion.
Thank you for that, I will note it. Still trying to get in contact with the seller, have a sad feeling it's been sold

Old 13-07-12, 08:29 AM   #17
Dav

So, after not seeing it for a while, I thought it had been sold. But I get a text from my bro-in-law with a picture, saying its still for sale, and now at only £1400...

Thing is, I've sorted out a car for me now, but I really really want this. Does anyone know of any decent multi car policies lol

Old 13-07-12, 09:19 AM   #18
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav View Post
Thing is, I've sorted out a car for me now, but I really really want this. Does anyone know of any decent multi car policies lol
Adrian flux "mirror" your no claims on a second car... dunno if that helps? lol

I love it when people call me at 3 AM. "Hey, you asleep?" "No, I'm skydiving."

http://www.bexairbrushing.co.uk
ZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-12, 05:54 PM   #19
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Try tradex for a homefleet policy.
Old 13-07-12, 07:00 PM   #20
Mark S

Mark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to allMark S is a name known to all
Quote:
Makes you wonder why MG never officially bothered doing it as a proper production run.
because the cost to produce a vvc unit is more than cost to produce a v6.

MGR had this dilemma with the ZT, a 1.8vvc would have been OK and an option against the 160bhp 2.5. It would have delivered the economy that was desperately needed too, but the vvc would have cost more than the v6, so it was a marketing no go.
That's why they stuck a turbo on a 1.8 in the ZT, it was much cheaper to produce than a vvc, and for the same reasons, marketing a 160bhp zs 1.8 for more money than a 180bhp v6 would not have been logical.
This said, there were a few 160bhp vvc zs's that left the factory.
Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote