theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 31-07-12, 10:20 PM   #1
scotttait

scotttait is on a distinguished road
Think I've been ripped off!! Thoughts please?

Hi, a few months ago, yes a few months ago I joined this sight and was looking for a yellow rear bumper and 4 shocks for a mg zs 180 mk1. Almost immediately I was contacted by a member saying they had a rear bumper and the shocks with springs delivered for £160. I thought £160 seems a bargain so I paid through PayPal but how wrong was I?!!

It took a couple of weeks my 3 weeks for the shocks to arrived, when I got round to changing the shocks I noticed the fronts were different, different part numbers and different springs, after talking to the member I thought the might be different amount of coils but same poundage etc, and I thought I was changing both front it would be fine, (the rear had same part number and looked the same). However after having fitting them the ride height looked slightly higher, so I took it a run felt ok but not perfect. Today however I've found out that the part number matches that of a 1.8 shock.

When you that was going on I still hadn't recieved my number, never once did the seller contact Me, I always had to ask what was happening with it, I was fobbed off with excuse after excuse, all of which seemed reasonable but still annoying that I had to ask, however the bumper finally did arrive after 3 months yes people you read it right, 3 MONTHS. And low and behold the bumper had more hits then the Beatles!! I contacted the member and he said it was perfect when it left must of got damaged in transit, he said he'd claim through the courier and have another one painted and sent, howeve after 2 weeks I have to mail him for an update, he said it will be here this week but I doubt it .

I'm not even going to mail him about shocks as I can't see me getting nowt back, looks like a trip to trading standards , because of his excuses I couldn't even claim through PayPal as it took 3 months to get to me!!

Any thought advise / help would be nice

Thanks scott
Old 31-07-12, 10:31 PM   #2
andys1981

andys1981 is a jewel in the roughandys1981 is a jewel in the roughandys1981 is a jewel in the rough
wait and see what happens with the bumper bud,if the shocks are wrong then it maybe a genuine mistake,have they said different ?
Old 31-07-12, 10:43 PM   #3
scotttait

They said the were defo from a 180, and when I mailed them they said they were involved with the zed since it was a mere drawing, (his words) surely if that's the case he'd know the difference between 1.8 shocks and the shocks off the 180, especially when the rear shocks where the same
Old 31-07-12, 10:44 PM   #4
andys1981

andys1981 is a jewel in the roughandys1981 is a jewel in the roughandys1981 is a jewel in the rough
you have pm
Old 31-07-12, 10:45 PM   #5
ZRed

ZRed is a jewel in the roughZRed is a jewel in the roughZRed is a jewel in the roughZRed is a jewel in the rough
name and shame
Old 31-07-12, 10:49 PM   #6
scotttait

Not yet zred, wait to see if I get bumper, and I'm interest in Konis if they still available, just need to check funds and car tax die tomorrow.
Old 31-07-12, 10:52 PM   #7
ZRed

ZRed is a jewel in the roughZRed is a jewel in the roughZRed is a jewel in the roughZRed is a jewel in the rough
Other members could be trading with said member as we type.
Old 31-07-12, 10:52 PM   #8
andys1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZRed View Post
name and shame
a forgot about they konis mate sorry for no getting back to you eh
Old 31-07-12, 10:57 PM   #9
ZRed

Unless the member was a trader, I doubt trading standards will help.

I`d contact paypal. Even after the allotted time they can act. Especially if the offender has previous.
Old 31-07-12, 10:59 PM   #10
scotttait

This is true, they were going by the name of mgroverparts now MG6turbo