theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 12-04-15, 07:51 PM   #1
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
1st shakedown since July 14

Well after alot of hard graft I managed to get the old girl MOT'd yesterday and taxed for 12 months. Gave it it's 1st run earlier and pretty happy with it. Forgot how bloody quick it was! The new brakes are awesome and stop so quickly with no dramas, can't wait to get a trackday booked and see the difference. Still have some upper arms to fit, plus bushed lower arms and FARB bushes plus some replacement GAZ. So it's getting pretty well sorted. Just need the Torsen B box rebuilding and nearly there. Once things settle I may get a matching Corbeau as it's a bit anti-social inside! All in all pretty happy It's no show car but I like to think a well sorted track car, if only the BTCC kit would happen but that seems dead now as heard nowt about it. Might still get it arched though.
Old 12-04-15, 07:55 PM   #2
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
sounds good, glad it got through OK.

I have a 14 lb sledge hammer if you want me to try rolling the arches. !!
Old 12-04-15, 07:57 PM   #3
Lukeus101

Lukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to all
Good to hear she is fitting fit Mick

ZS Appreciation Facebook Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/475756782447499/

> ZR 105 (Broken) > MK2 ZS 180 (Sold) > MK1 ZS 180 (Sold) > ZR Replica (Dead) > MK1 ZS 180 (Broken)
Lukeus101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-15, 07:57 PM   #4
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
Good news Mick! Sounds like you're well chuffed with it

Which BTCC kit were you following? lol I was only talking to my friend Marcus the other day about a BTCC replica kit for his car (he's in Romania so difficult for him to communicate with some companies over here) so would be interested to find out if its the same company...

I love it when people call me at 3 AM. "Hey, you asleep?" "No, I'm skydiving."

http://www.bexairbrushing.co.uk
ZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-15, 08:12 PM   #5
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
It was Eddie Farrow at EDF Motorsports from memory,all my emails are through my works address so can't access them, well can't be arsed tbh! He has or had the last BTCC kit and was going to get parts made from these patterns.
Old 12-04-15, 08:19 PM   #6
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Nice one Mick, it's always nice to get out in the ZS after a bit.
talkingcars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-15, 08:23 PM   #7
stamford
Site Owner

It's been too long James, only done 3k since July 13, so this drive was rather like getting to know it again.
Old 14-04-15, 12:03 PM   #8
Marky Marc 68

Marky Marc 68 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

What brake setup have you gone for Mick?
Marky Marc 68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-15, 12:49 PM   #9
stamford
Site Owner

I acquired a kit comprising of Brembo GT2 4 pots, DS2500 pads, Focus RS 326mm discs and Reyland brackets. Took a little work to fit as I wanted the fit to be correct with no need for spacers or longer studs. Rears are MTEC dimpled and grooved discs with Redstuff pads. New calipers, new handbrake cables, fresh fluid. Stops faster than it goes, so far impressed with the stopping power at speed.
Old 14-04-15, 05:57 PM   #10
Marky Marc 68

Marky Marc 68 is on a distinguished road
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
I acquired a kit comprising of Brembo GT2 4 pots, DS2500 pads, Focus RS 326mm discs and Reyland brackets. Took a little work to fit as I wanted the fit to be correct with no need for spacers or longer studs. Rears are MTEC dimpled and grooved discs with Redstuff pads. New calipers, new handbrake cables, fresh fluid. Stops faster than it goes, so far impressed with the stopping power at speed.
Nice setup for your brakes, looking at getting my ZS on track this year as a novice, going for oe discs, and yellow stuff pads
Marky Marc 68 is offline   Reply With Quote