theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 10-03-10, 10:34 PM   #11
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Stuck with a car for two years..............................place your bets people!
Old 10-03-10, 10:39 PM   #12
andys1981

andys1981 is a jewel in the roughandys1981 is a jewel in the roughandys1981 is a jewel in the rough
its a ford!!!!!
andys1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-10, 10:41 PM   #13
Boot Hill Bandit
Coming back home!.......

Boot Hill Bandit is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
Stuck with a car for two
years..............................place your bets people!

I don't see how that is a good deal either to be fair........pay more out for a car you won't like anywhere near as much and then hand it back after two years possibly?? what's the score if you can't get on with it after a few months and you've already sold your 'best ZS you've owned so far'........can't exactly get it back and you'd have to find another.

This is the ONLY reason I've held onto the Devil so long now........if I sold it I would regret it as it is the car I know very well. Nothing could replace it.

Good luck dude either way but I can see you regretting it not too far down the road.

Jim
Old 11-03-10, 12:15 AM   #14
scottforsyth

scottforsyth is on a distinguished road
keep the zs m8 ur ones a very nice car
Old 11-03-10, 12:16 AM   #15
scottforsyth

scottforsyth is on a distinguished road
70/30 ull be back in a zs by jan
Old 11-03-10, 07:15 AM   #16
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
If you have owned a car for a few years it is always 'better the devil you know', but in Dan's case that logic won't apply as he doesn't get close enough to 'know' them

I'm sure you think you are doing it for the right reasons Dan, but in all honesty it isn't you is it! Afterall why did that nice ZT-T go?

Think again and ask yourself why change and what will it do for you, I really cannot see you sticking with a mudane car like that when you enjoy what a 180 gives. Two years is a long time to sit in a faceless car.
Old 11-03-10, 07:32 AM   #17
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Bizarre - just deleted a huge post justifying my decision making.

Then thought to myself - don't have to really.

I don't get to know my cars. They are metal outside my door. If I see another one I fancy, I buy it. I've made some hasty decisions in the past. This isn't one of them. This is made purely on me being able to drive to work giving me an extra hour and a half at home without a huge fuel bill.

Strange as I went to bed last night disheartened that my cyber buddies think I'm foolish.

Every car change I've done has been made for reasons which at the time I felt were fully justifiable.

The ZT-T was a nice car but like driving around in a goldfish bowl with coolant issues. The Black Mk1 was a good car but when I fancied a Mk2 with alcantara which Archermav bought - I'd made my mind up that I'd get a Mk2 again. And the Focus - well - I've decided that time with my family and reduced costs so that I can spend more money on the boys and take my elsdest all over the country to play golf - is more important - than me having a V6 outside.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-10, 08:48 AM   #18
arwilson80
Founding Members

arwilson80 is on a distinguished road
I can see your points, but... In all honesty i can't see you keeping the Focus for 2 years.

"People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people. Drive only with proper protection."
"You should try one. It's bloody good" - Jeremy Clarkson (commenting after driving a ZS180)
"Fines are a tax for doing bad, Taxes are a fine for doing good" - Unknown
GPS - Because guys don't know how to ask directions

MG ZS 180
3.5L V6 Ford Taurus
2.7L V6 EcoBoost Ford F150 4x4
arwilson80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-10, 09:32 AM   #19
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by arwilson80 View Post
I can see your points, but... In all honesty i can't see you keeping the Focus for 2 years.
It's going to start off as a 2 year agreement. If I'm totally miserable and don't see the benefits of it - I'll end up annoying my family. That's what I've told him I'd do and for once I'm going to try my best. I'll not be on here so often. That's half my problem I think ! I come on here - find out people are looking and enjoy the whole buying and selling process.

It's already smashed my hopes of a V8 for my 40th but things happen which alter the way you see things panning out. Sometimes we need a reality check. I've had mine.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-10, 10:11 AM   #20
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
As you say you dont need to justify yourself to any-one, so good luck with the ford. It certainly will be cheaper to run than the 180 for schlepping to work, but no where near as fun i expect

You should have got a derv ZS, best of both worlds then
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote