theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 15-03-10, 09:13 AM   #31
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
congrats on being able to keep the car

My ZS will become a 2nd car when it is not economically viable to run every day - dont plan to sell it tho if i can help it!
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-10, 08:20 PM   #32
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by p_b82 View Post
congrats on being able to keep the car

My ZS will become a 2nd car when it is not economically viable to run every day - dont plan to sell it tho if i can help it!
Sounds like my dear lady, when we decided it was time to move on from the V6 espace my sister gave us I was going to get a safira but Mrs TC pointed me towards a cheap Range Rover, something I'd always wanted, when that went she found my ZS, now we are looking for a little F as a toy and realising my budget will buy crap suddnely she wants to invest as well, she's just spent 2 hours on line looking!
Old 16-03-10, 10:40 AM   #33
Boot Hill Bandit
Coming back home!.......

Boot Hill Bandit is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingcars View Post
Sounds like my dear lady, when we decided it was time to move on from the V6 espace my sister gave us I was going to get a safira but Mrs TC pointed me towards a cheap Range Rover, something I'd always wanted, when that went she found my ZS, now we are looking for a little F as a toy and realising my budget will buy crap suddnely she wants to invest as well, she's just spent 2 hours on line looking!
Brilliant stuff dude! loads of parts and tuning stuff available for the F. Worth buying a dead car with fantastic bodywork to be fair if you want a project.

Was watching 'Wrecks to Riches' last night on TV..........a guy wanted a classic Capri but Dominic Littlewood bought a scrap written off F and had it pulled straight and all panels replaced........then had it reprayed in an 'Orange Grove' colour high metallic paint.......looked amazing but not for the price!!! guy had a budget of £7k and bought it for £6800

It is an unique motor though and I bet he loves it!

Jim
Old 16-03-10, 11:36 AM   #34
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boot Hill Bandit View Post
Brilliant stuff dude! loads of parts and tuning stuff available for the F. Worth buying a dead car with fantastic bodywork to be fair if you want a project.

Was watching 'Wrecks to Riches' last night on TV..........a guy wanted a classic Capri but Dominic Littlewood bought a scrap written off F and had it pulled straight and all panels replaced........then had it reprayed in an 'Orange Grove' colour high metallic paint.......looked amazing but not for the price!!! guy had a budget of £7k and bought it for £6800

It is an unique motor though and I bet he loves it!

Jim
Makes me laugh, all the mechanics time gets written off, if thats added in could add a lot to his finished price.

Saw him do a MX5, noisy altanator bearing seems a common fault and it sounds like the engine is going to fall out. Replaced that, new wing, new boot lock, bit of filler, spray up and looked like new.