theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-08-13, 12:56 PM   #1
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
Brembodge findings

Afternoon all,

I am going to make a statement here that i want to ensure that i am not blaming any-one or pointing fingers, but wanted to give people a heads up who may have the kit fitted.

I picked up a set from Sneakyparrot second hand - who i think i got them from some- from some-one, I am not sure of the history nor do I care... but It is more on analysis of the mounting brackets that there have been some issues\concerns.

I understand that there has been a revision, and it is possible that some of the things found out have been already rectified but this is what was found out when we tried to bolt the kit up onto my car...

The Bolts while mostly likely up to the job were no longer true and straight.
The thread on one of sets of holes, were course pitched not fine - so less structural strength as a result (and chewed so needed sorting). The fien threaded holes were still spot on though)
The Bracket had actually warped - meaning the calipers could not sit square to the disk...

It is this later point that is the more critical issue that i wanted to just mention to others, as it could cause issues if it happens to you over time etc.

Rather than get another set from the group buy on RT or sourced from there, I am getting a new one made up, a bit stronger to avoid a repeat issue, and a few other modifications while at it.

I can try to get a more specific issue list from Matt if any-one is interested...

As i said this is not a blame thing - it is probably just my car being jinxed tbh, but there *may* be warping of the brackets occuring and that is obviously not good.

Pete
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote