theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 31-12-13, 07:29 PM   #1
ZSONE80

ZSONE80 is on a distinguished road
Why did you buy a ZS?

Just interested what the reason was to purchase your zs? Was it because they are cheap and chearfull and good value for money? Or do you just love the MG ZS?
ZSONE80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-13, 07:43 PM   #2
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Cheap and cheerful was certainly not a reason some 9 years ago! I had always liked them when I first saw them advertised and then after seeing the BTCC versions. Mine cost me over £7k so hardly a cheap purchase and still have it today, great car.
Old 31-12-13, 07:46 PM   #3
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
Cheap and cheerful didn't come into it, I bought mine for 9k with delivery mileage, it had been auctioned off by the liquidators of MGR.

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-13, 07:51 PM   #4
grimmy
its ginger its phenomenal

grimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud of
I have pretty much only owned mgr cars and had a bubble shaped 416 when the zs was introduced and a soon as I saw trophy blue I was hooked.bought a trophy blue mk1 120 and moved on to the xpg mk2 when the company collapsed it had 3000 miles on it and was six months old for 9000 quid ,best bargain I have ever had.
Old 31-12-13, 08:31 PM   #5
Jason04r

Jason04r is on a distinguished road
My parents owned a rover 400 turbo diesel and my dad a 220 coupe ,620ti and my brother had a rover 25 so always grew up with rovers being somewhere in the family. Same as Stamford , btcc really got me into buying a ZS ... Remember about 8/9 years ago that I'd own one someday.
Jason04r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-13, 08:36 PM   #6
sheldore

sheldore is on a distinguished road
On my third MG two ZS180's and a ZR104. Fell in love over 8 yrs ago with a MK2 trophy edition ZR had it a year needed a bigger engine, so bought a MK1 ZS180 saloon, had that a yr, sold it due to doing very high miles weekly, bought A Vectra which I still have but never liked it that much, no heart. Then last year got chance on a Mint MK1 ZS180 hatch with 50k on the clock on a 52 plate for a very good price.

The ZS is a drivers car, no fancy features, just a big smile.
sheldore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-13, 08:37 PM   #7
big_wasa

big_wasa has a spectacular aura aboutbig_wasa has a spectacular aura about
My mate had a 120 and uttered the words they do one with a v6...............
big_wasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-13, 09:21 PM   #8
daytona365

daytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the rough
I saw a TY 180 outside a Rover garage, when I was test driving a Renault Laguna. Thought it looked gorgeous, so got out and had a look. It was running and the new owner was just driving it away from garage. The V6 sounded mmmmmmm. Decided there and then I wanted one..................they are infectious. Just wish it hadnt of taken 8 years to buy one.
daytona365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-13, 09:47 PM   #9
ZSONE80

ZSONE80 is on a distinguished road
Must admit that i didnt own a zs until a few years back. My first MG was a montego turbo petrol back in 91 one of the last 7 made in BRG, had to get something a bit cheaper to run after that so traded it for a new rover 214sei which i kept for 4 years and then went down the path of new bmw's merc's and even a range rover sport! Then one day i saw a monogram ZTT V6 and i was back! My wife thought i was crazy but what a car, had a few more zt's and then the ZS 180 never looked back got to many now : ) wish i had bought a new one back in 2005.
ZSONE80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-13, 10:58 PM   #10
Squeaks

Squeaks will become famous soon enough
Looked at the Mk2 and thought yes I like that a lot, the spoiler drew me in, having owned MG's it seemed like a logical step to take so bought the mk2 180 and the noise of the v6 was intoxicating.