theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 02-02-11, 08:39 PM   #41
Dave ZS-X

Dave ZS-X is on a distinguished road
yes a turbo kv6 would be nice and the sound i imagine would be something else but surely the main objective from turboing an engine has to be power increase and then the kv6 just doesnt make much sense, when you could just stick an old t series turbo in there and make more power for less money.
It would be an interesting one off but if its done its got to make some proper power to be a worthwhile project imo.

Dave
Dave ZS-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-11, 01:01 PM   #42
lawrence-zs180

lawrence-zs180 is on a distinguished road
It is something I really want to do.. but its still in the thought stage at the min and the was my current zed is chewing through my cash its going to take a while to get things started... need to have a basic start up cost and then go from there really or before I know it the project has chewed through 10k and all I have to show for is is some bloody expensive parts lol.
Cheers for the advice and support though guys.
Old 03-02-11, 09:27 PM   #43
garymgzs180

garymgzs180 is on a distinguished road
i know a chap with a supercharger kit for sale if your interested. full kit with modified oil pipes, bearings and piggy back only done about 800 miles. i do like the idea of twin turbo though. my supercharged car with forged pistons is now running 13psi with no problems. the lower compression makes all the difference . i looked at turbos for mine before my charger kit and have even considered turboing it aswell as the supercharger. it does look a bit too tight to fit the turbos in. i was thinking of fitting a larger one where the catalytic convertor is but might not get enough force to sufficiently power the turbo. coolant and oil pipes is a minor problem.
garymgzs180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-11, 09:32 AM   #44
carmadbaker

carmadbaker has a spectacular aura aboutcarmadbaker has a spectacular aura about
The turbo acts as a restriction, pressure is the outcome of restricted flow. With 6 cylinders slamming exhaust gas down the mani's spooling a charger wont be a problem, especially with a smaller unit like a t25.

-MK1 MG ZS T16 Turbo 2.1
-Lotus Elise S2 111

You Can't Spell Dangerous Without "Dan"
carmadbaker is offline   Reply With Quote