theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Technical Area > Build Projects

Old 16-05-11, 07:51 PM   #11
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Nice project, funny really as I used to build superbikes but never rode them! They scared the **** out of me!
Old 16-05-11, 08:21 PM   #12
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Best of luck with the exams Jay.

Looks a good project, have to use it as your thesis for your PHD. Then it will be Doctor Jay.

Old 16-05-11, 08:30 PM   #13
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterzs View Post
Best of luck with the exams Jay.

Looks a good project, have to use it as your thesis for your PHD. Then it will be Doctor Jay.

Cheers Pete, Put it this way together with this and the single seater track car im building with a couple of mates ive learnt more outside of uni than in the classroom. So much for Motorsport engineering!!

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Jay-ZS+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-11, 08:34 PM   #14
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Always the way Jay, degree will open doors though.
Old 16-05-11, 08:40 PM   #15
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterzs View Post
Always the way Jay, degree will open doors though.
Thats the plan anyway

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Old 16-05-11, 08:46 PM   #16
Dave MGT

Dave MGT is on a distinguished road
Jay, long time no see
Love the Honda!!! If it looks anything like the one in the last photo it will be fooking smart!
Dave MGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-11, 08:50 PM   #17
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave MGT View Post
Jay, long time no see
Love the Honda!!! If it looks anything like the one in the last photo it will be fooking smart!
How you doing Dave? Hows that porsche you picked up? Gonna need the 180 MOT'ing when it comes to advertising it. Will have to give you a shout

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Old 16-05-11, 08:58 PM   #18
Dave MGT

Dave MGT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-ZS+ View Post
How you doing Dave? Hows that porsche you picked up? Gonna need the 180 MOT'ing when it comes to advertising it. Will have to give you a shout
Im good thanks. Porsche is looking alright now. Pulls like a train!! Just waiting till the end of the month to tax it. Got a few mods planned already
You getting rid of the 180...?
Dave MGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-11, 09:15 PM   #19
Supercharged_Z
KV6 Supercharged

Supercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really nice
Fair play Jay. I have been toying with a bike for about 4 years and each spring that comes the more I want. Sadly u think with so many cars about and the speed of a bike it is not worth the risk.

That said I'm to tempted to buy a bike 600cc and then sort the test I look at least monthly Doh

Good luck looks like a classic

Ross
Supercharged_Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-11, 09:35 PM   #20
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave MGT View Post
Im good thanks. Porsche is looking alright now. Pulls like a train!! Just waiting till the end of the month to tax it. Got a few mods planned already
You getting rid of the 180...?
Nice will have to have a nosey round it when your all sorted! As for the 180 I hardly do any miles in it, we take the gfs car on long tips, plus the miles I do cover I'm sat in traffic. I can leave uni same time as a mate on a bike and he's home 20-30mins before me. Plus it makes sense finanacially.

I'd say do it Ross I've been toying with the idea for a year or so. Figured I'd do it now before there's the need to cart kids about. Winter will be tough but that's what waterproofs are for.

Only thing with a 600cc is that I'd be put off by the power of it being a new rider, I'm doing my A2 test so the bike will be restricted to being with. Once I get to grips with hanging off it. You can do a top up course to allow it to be derestricted. Wouldn't trust myself with full power straight away. Also the DAS direct access learning test is expensive!!

2012 BMW 320d Sport