theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 29-12-09, 11:30 PM   #41
g8ndj

g8ndj is on a distinguished road
well i think we should all have a car meet up their! just drive round at the speed limit and see what they do. Surly they cant give out tickets for following the rules of the road?!?! just happens to be alot of MG's on the road at once!
Ive got to say though its fair to stop people drifting on public roads, but to stop groups of cars. Thats just OTT.
g8ndj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-09, 02:14 PM   #42
Zippy Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrerallye View Post
Think you need to have a proper look at the membership of the MGOC and MGCC before you make a comment like that.
Was a member of both clubs off and on for quite a few years, so have had a "proper look" mate.
Old 31-12-09, 02:25 PM   #43
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by g8ndj View Post
well i think we should all have a car meet up their! just drive round at the speed limit and see what they do. Surly they cant give out tickets for following the rules of the road?!?! just happens to be alot of MG's on the road at once!
Ive got to say though its fair to stop people drifting on public roads, but to stop groups of cars. Thats just OTT.
I reckon you wouldn't get stopped if part of a large group and given a ticket there and then. That could cause flashpoint confrontation. You'd get videod and then sent a fine through the post.

That's what I would do anyway.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-10, 10:27 AM   #44
starfire039

starfire039 is on a distinguished road
If I got a fine through the post for driving legally in a group, I'd be straight on the blower to my MP and flush the fine down the toilet.
  • Replace/fix rattly mirror
  • Mark 2 dashboard
  • Catch tank
  • New VIS motors
  • Fit bucket seats
  • Induction kit
  • New spark plugs + oil change
  • New exhaust
  • Decat
  • Fix drivers seat mounting hole
  • Reidy Remap

starfire039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-10, 10:43 AM   #45
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by starfire039 View Post
If I got a fine through the post for driving legally in a group, I'd be straight on the blower to my MP and flush the fine down the toilet.

You wouldn't get a fine for driving "legally" in a group. It's that very fact that you are in a group within a specified area, that makes it "illegal".

Well no matter what you'd think of the offence, or any offence for that matter, you get two options, a court appearance or pay up. Flushing it down the toilet, and I appreciate that may have been an exaggeration, would just get you an even bigger fine, and eventually an arrest warrant.

Not the smartest way to go about disputing an offence where a summons or fine has been issued IMHO.
Old 04-01-10, 11:03 AM   #46
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
Common sense shall prevail!
Thats it as far as I see it, its another tool for the police to use to prevent people driving like twats in convoys. Think regardless if your driving in a big group as long as your not braking any laws then the police have better things to do. Its the handbrake happy knobs its targetting

Im all for it

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Jay-ZS+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-10, 11:04 AM   #47
starfire039

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1971 View Post

You wouldn't get a fine for driving "legally" in a group. It's that very fact that you are in a group within a specified area, that makes it "illegal".

Well no matter what you'd think of the offence, or any offence for that matter, you get two options, a court appearance or pay up. Flushing it down the toilet, and I appreciate that may have been an exaggeration, would just get you an even bigger fine, and eventually an arrest warrant.

Not the smartest way to go about disputing an offence where a summons or fine has been issued IMHO.

Yeah was just exaggerating, I might look it but I'm not stupid enough to do something like that

Again, I think there will be many misconceptions and theorys behind this, but my opinion is good riddance to the chavs on public roads and car parks causing a nuisance. However for car enthusiasts to have a car meet doing nothing wrong and not causing upset or disturbance to anybody, to be told to be moved on is quite frankly a crying shame in my opinion and a massive let down by the powers that be.

Again, this is all hear say at the moment, the only thing that's actually happened is some chav evictions, I have faith in the government and the police that as a law abiding citizen my right to assembly and association will be protected and if I want to talk cars with somebody in a car park, or drive in a convoy legally (by legally I mean sticking the limit and driving with due care which I do anyway), I will do!
  • Mark 2 dashboard
  • Catch tank
  • New VIS motors
  • Fit bucket seats
  • Induction kit
  • New exhaust
  • Decat
  • Reidy Remap

Old 04-01-10, 11:04 AM   #48
starfire039

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-ZS+ View Post
Thats it as far as I see it, its another tool for the police to use to prevent people driving like twats in convoys. Think regardless if your driving in a big group as long as your not braking any laws then the police have better things to do. Its the handbrake happy knobs its targetting

Im all for it
Agreed!
  • Mark 2 dashboard
  • Catch tank
  • New VIS motors
  • Fit bucket seats
  • Induction kit
  • New exhaust
  • Decat
  • Reidy Remap

Old 04-01-10, 06:02 PM   #49
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Just woke up, not missed a meet have I??

Where and whens the next one??

Old 04-01-10, 06:04 PM   #50
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterzs View Post
Just woke up, not missed a meet have I??

Where and whens the next one??

Go back to sleep Pete ....