theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 19-11-14, 06:57 PM   #11
ZS Phil

ZS Phil has a spectacular aura aboutZS Phil has a spectacular aura about
Ill have to get temp insurance either way because the car is currently not insured at all.

So yeh, looks like I've got 2 options, either mess around with taxing it myself and then SORNing it OR the 'leave cash with the seller while test driving the car' option.

Next question

Who does temp cover for modified cars? All the usual suspects say that the car cannot be modified, the car in question is modified.

I'm with Adrian Flux for my insurance on the derv with all mods declared so might call them up and see what they can do. Anybody else used Adrian Flux for this sort of thing?
Old 19-11-14, 07:19 PM   #12
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
When I bought my Discovery it was the 31st, I drove it home and taxed it the next day. I rang up the insurance company before I left the premises to make sure it was covered. The way the system works I doubt if you would get 'done' so to speak as the car is still taxed until the V5 is sent away (assuming it still is at the time of sale). The signed V5 is what kicks the system into cancelling the tax and refunding the previous owner. As long as it is insured you should be fine.