theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 22-09-08, 01:06 PM   #1
RalphG

RalphG is on a distinguished road
Zs205

I went on a rolling road yesterday at Atspeed in Rayleigh, Essex. Three runs were performed on my car and it reached 167.4BHP at the wheel. This, I am told, is about 205BHP at the flywheel

Here's a vid of the car on the rollers.

By how much do those who have gained by war fall short of the number of those who have perished in it? No doubt you will reply that there can be no comparison, that the dead cannot be numbered, while the living who have been rewarded may be summed up with three figures.
RalphG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-08, 03:29 PM   #2
KevG
2007 Focus ST2

KevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really nice
Hmmm, mine had similar and mine was 198.3bhp at the fly, and 168bhp at the road wheels

KevG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-08, 03:52 PM   #3
Bobdope2002
Senior Pant Sniffer

Bobdope2002 is on a distinguished road
mine was 193bhp atf and 173 atw
Bobdope2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-08, 04:01 PM   #4
Dave ZS-X

Dave ZS-X is on a distinguished road
they all different but thats still a nice healthy result .
Mine made 174 wheels ......204 fly once ,another time 212 fly and 160 summat wheels.Best one i know of was 210 fly and 155 wheels ,rflmao.
what mods is it runing ralph ?
Dave

Dave
Dave ZS-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-08, 05:56 PM   #5
Maxxed_Ross
Events Organiser-Scotland

Maxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura aboutMaxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura about
it all depends on the weather and whether the guy setting it up does it 100% right

They're good for a rough idea though

www.facebook.com/EX259

"It's not broken, it's an opportunity to upgrade!"
Maxxed_Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-08, 06:18 PM   #6
RalphG

In order to get an accurate figure the tyres have to be measured. Most rolling roads do it by taking the numbers printed on the side of the tyre. These guys actually measured the diameter of the tyres on each car run. If you take the size from the tyres and the tyres have low tread the rolling road will indicate that you have more power than you actually do.

These guys were certainly better than Emerald, who made a complete and utter **** up of the run that I did there in my green ZS. According to them, my unmodified ZS180 made 184.8 BHP at 7430rpm, and the power was still climbing! The torque peaked at 147.2 @ 4937rpm.

By how much do those who have gained by war fall short of the number of those who have perished in it? No doubt you will reply that there can be no comparison, that the dead cannot be numbered, while the living who have been rewarded may be summed up with three figures.
Old 22-09-08, 07:08 PM   #7
ian zs180

Bet your very happy with that
Old 23-09-08, 07:35 AM   #8
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Still impressive figures Ralph, bet you are happy.
Old 23-09-08, 12:07 PM   #9
RalphG

Yes, I'm happy with the figure. If it had been much lower I would have been disappointed.

BTW the operator of a rolling road can produce any results they want. Whilst I was at this day the owner of the RR played a practical joke on one of the MGF owners by making his car only show 95.8HP at the wheel. The actual figure for the car was around 115HP.

Mods to the Twilight ZS180 include Janspeed manifolds, de-cat, XPower back box and ITG in the inner wing. Plus whatever Janspeed/MG Rover did to the engine.

Old 23-09-08, 12:18 PM   #10
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Interesting that, so there's a small amount of the unknown with regards the engine internals.