theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 23-01-13, 09:24 PM   #1
bowthruster

bowthruster has a spectacular aura aboutbowthruster has a spectacular aura about
Cold air feed pipe

Is this ok to feed into my induction filter,and is it a case of tie wrapping in to what ever i can to get it in place.So i take the battery out and look for the inner wing resonator box (if its still there?) if not i want to put it next to the fog light if poss?Whats your views.Dont want to spend to much really,as im going to do a oil/filter change soon and possibly HG in march and maybe clutch as well.The ebay item no is 170853068147
Work safe, and remember all technical problems can be resolved with a hammer, the trick is knowing where to hit it and how big a hammer to use (I often find it may also help to have a spare bit in the shed to replace the bit you have just mullered
bowthruster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-13, 06:12 PM   #2
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1708530681...147%26_rdc%3D1

It should do the job but something a little larger in diameter maybe an idea, this is only 76mm and your filter may have a larger inlet.

Also I wouldn't mount the feed too low, unless you don't go out when it rains. Personally I would have it quite high up inside the inner wing.
Old 24-01-13, 06:40 PM   #3
daytona365

daytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the rough
Thats what I got in mine, it hides under the splitter, but i have put a "U" bend in it, to keep the water out. When we had all that rain (remember rain??) the filter never got wet at all.......I cable tied it in place, and it works very well.......

Technical note. The "U" bend is an upside down U....
daytona365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-13, 08:17 PM   #4
bowthruster

bowthruster has a spectacular aura aboutbowthruster has a spectacular aura about
Cheers for that.Should have fun fitting that tomorrow then.......
Work safe, and remember all technical problems can be resolved with a hammer, the trick is knowing where to hit it and how big a hammer to use (I often find it may also help to have a spare bit in the shed to replace the bit you have just mullered
bowthruster is offline   Reply With Quote