theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 07-01-10, 10:38 AM   #21
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by will-w View Post
Every time I see that picture I think that those wheels would suit my car so much!

Damn you, STOP IT!

When I picked up my Mk2 yesterday, the dealer had one of your Alfas on the forecourt. Looked very nice.

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/uvl...010&distance=0
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-10, 04:19 PM   #22
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

£5000 more than a TD MG ZS, dont make sense to me.

Old 07-01-10, 05:10 PM   #23
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Not my thing I have to say .... But Will likes them.
Old 07-01-10, 10:53 PM   #24
will-w

will-w is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1971 View Post
When I picked up my Mk2 yesterday, the dealer had one of your Alfas on the forecourt. Looked very nice.

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/uvl...010&distance=0
That's actually the one I was going to look at the other day, but didn't as it started snowing and I couldn't be arsed to de-ice the car!

What's the garage like? The pictures make me think it's a little 'Del Boy'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterzs View Post
£5000 more than a TD MG ZS, dont make sense to me.

If you can show me where you can buy a mk2 ZS derv for £2,495 then I'd be amazed... That's early mk1 with 100,000+ miles money

Anyway, Dan, I take it you like the new motor?

Derv power baby!

will-w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-10, 08:44 AM   #25
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by will-w View Post
That's actually the one I was going to look at the other day, but didn't as it started snowing and I couldn't be arsed to de-ice the car!

What's the garage like? The pictures make me think it's a little 'Del Boy'?

If you can show me where you can buy a mk2 ZS derv for £2,495 then I'd be amazed... That's early mk1 with 100,000+ miles money

Anyway, Dan, I take it you like the new motor?

The garage was very much an "Arthur Daley". The guy I dealt with was fine though. He copied my driving licence then chucked the keys for the ZS at me and said, "take it for a run, you'll love it", and left me to it.

The cars he has in there are nice, not all 99k miles ex fleet stuff. My ZS is a one owner from new, 2005 "05" 20K example, which wants for nothing. To be fair to him, he had it up for good money anyway at 4K. I'd still have bought it at £4,500 due to the history and condition. I got it for £3,750 after I pointed out that it needed a service. It's far quieter than either of my ZS's so far as it's totally standard and so felt a little more clinical to drive. Didn't get a good drive really with the weather, but all in all, very happy. Took the vis tester I've got at the moment and they are both working fine and the plenum seems very quiet. It's a bit lumpy on tickover, but like I said, it needs a service.

The Alfa looked really good.

And ... Pete's twin, Yellow Mk2 Diesel went for £2,800.
Old 08-01-10, 08:58 AM   #26
will-w

Glad the 180 has worked out well, I'm thinking of taking a trip up to take the Alfa for a run.. Problem is if I do, I'll want to bring it home with me now!

I found another beastie I'm tempted in, the Alfa at the garage is a GT, but I quite like this one now:

A bit 'boy racer' maybe, but it is pushing 170bhp from a 1.9 derv! (Something you don't get with a ZS!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1971 View Post
And ... Pete's twin, Yellow Mk2 Diesel went for £2,800.
Ya see, that's why I'd never sell a car on ebay!

I bought my Prelude on ebay for £850, sold it less than a year later for £2800 on Pistonheads!

Cars never get their full value on ebay, selling is a bad idea, buying on the other hand is great as you can get some stonkingly good deals!

That car would have easily sold for £3600+ if put on Autotrader, yeah it may have taken a few weeks to shift (instead of 7 days), but the difference in return is shocking!

Derv power baby!

Last edited by will-w; 08-01-10 at 09:02 AM.
Old 08-01-10, 10:17 AM   #27
starfire039

starfire039 is on a distinguished road
In total agreement with you there Will about eBay!

Not sure about the alpha's looks, infact I think it looks like the contents of my toilet after a curry, but cannot doubt the fact it will be great fun! I think you should go for it
  • Replace/fix rattly mirror
  • Mark 2 dashboard
  • Catch tank
  • New VIS motors
  • Fit bucket seats
  • Induction kit
  • New spark plugs + oil change
  • New exhaust
  • Decat
  • Fix drivers seat mounting hole
  • Reidy Remap

starfire039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-10, 10:37 AM   #28
will-w

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfire039 View Post
... infact I think it looks like the contents of my toilet after a curry ...
Woah! That must be one strong curry!!

As for fun, I know it will be! The 1.9 JTD engine used in the newer Alfa's is simply amazing!

With a little bit of tweaking they can safely reach 200bhp with 306lb-ft torque and a 0-60 of 6.8... I guess the factory-fit lsd helps!

Derv power baby!

Old 08-01-10, 10:45 AM   #29
vinny1979

vinny1979 is on a distinguished road
dont forget the cambelt change next yr. lol mine is 5 on the 17th jan with 35k so cambelt time will be around 40k.
93 Rover 220 GSi Turbo, 99 Golf GTi turbo Former owner of mk2 180 bx54 kgp - Ignition blue
vinny1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-10, 10:57 AM   #30
will-w

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny1979 View Post
dont forget the cambelt change next yr. lol mine is 5 on the 17th jan with 35k so cambelt time will be around 40k.
Just going to do my second cambelt change... More expense on a car I'm not going to keep for much longer!

Derv power baby!