theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Technical Area > Build Projects

Old 27-01-20, 01:15 PM   #1
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
Weight removal

I have this week off work so I decided to get on with one of my many projects that never seem to finish.

I am at the unit anyway so thought I would do a quick 5 minute job on the V6.... Simple enough job, remove a small amount of filler, reapply and paint another day.

So a day and a half later I'm still removing filler and fibreglass! No idea when this car was at a body shop and who decided this much filler was a good idea?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20200127_130014.jpg (91.9 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20200127_130005.jpg (97.1 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20200127_125956.jpg (95.7 KB, 21 views)

I love it when people call me at 3 AM. "Hey, you asleep?" "No, I'm skydiving."

http://www.bexairbrushing.co.uk
ZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-20, 02:43 PM   #2
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Wow.
Old 27-01-20, 06:40 PM   #3
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
It wasn't me, honest. And there's a lot more than I thought, I assumed it was a thin skim.

I think it happened under the first owners guardianship and I know Dan had some body work repaired.

There were signs of repairs in the spare wheel well and rear chassis legs including some untidily finished welds and even the remains of a welding rod still attached to the weld! In the right light you could see the paint blend on the C pillar but you really had to look.

As it happened in the first 3 years of ownership I guess the damage was well below right off value so doesn't appear in any history checks.

At least it is in the best place to get sorted.
Old 27-01-20, 07:03 PM   #4
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
The rear of the car, appears to be Rio red. So not 100% sure what's original and what's not

I am shocked that any body shop used this much filler and that they applied it so badly. It's blown in a fe places and you can see where it's rusted the metal underneath it.

I might need to take up welding

I love it when people call me at 3 AM. "Hey, you asleep?" "No, I'm skydiving."

http://www.bexairbrushing.co.uk
ZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-20, 11:12 PM   #5
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
There was some red paint on the inside of one of the cracks, to look like a flesh wound.
Old 28-01-20, 09:21 AM   #6
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
wow - looks like some-one wanted to bump up the hours worked there & thusly bumping up yours now to sort it out!
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-20, 06:42 PM   #7
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Oh that’s not good. Didn’t know you still had it Sam.
Old 02-02-20, 07:02 PM   #8
talkingcars

It was more a case of getting it back.