theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 30-01-11, 05:55 PM   #11
Ritchy
technically an expertish

Ritchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to all
if it goes on a bit then more than likely the stud isnt bent, well easy way to check is hold the wheel at the end of the studs so its just sitting on them all, then look see if ones out of line from the rest, although i doubt just one stud will be bent, said more than likely corrosion build up on the wheel, give it a good clean round the hub and inside of the wheel spigot bit of grease on it and try again, will more than likely pull itself back anyway if your tightening it up as the wheel as a whole will be a lot more solid than the stud, just tighten it up evenly i.e. opposites so your tightening 1, 3, 2, 4 then go back to one and recheck it
Old 30-01-11, 06:10 PM   #12
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Dont worry Tim. I bought new alloys for the wife's Punto. Nothing to it, jack it up, swop wheels, I thought something was odd as it took me ages to get them to fit and tighten up.

Got them on and looked good, wife went off down the road and I thought how good they looked. Just as she went left at the bottom of the hill, I heard a thunkkkkkkkkkkk.

5 mins later had a phone call, she had pulled off the main road and stopped down a side road, funny noise.

Anyway turns out the center hole changed on the newer Puntos, we had 59, new ones are 57, why they have to change things. Back on steels with the attractive plastic trims. Got two sets of alloys to sell back on ebay!!!!

Old 30-01-11, 06:19 PM   #13
Bobdope2002
Senior Pant Sniffer

Bobdope2002 is on a distinguished road
all my mechanic friends are pointing towards the hub

Any idea on a price for a new one or could somebody point me in the right direction on ebay for one

cheers
Bobdope2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-11, 06:29 PM   #14
Ritchy
technically an expertish

Ritchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to all
hub is about ?40-50 iirc, not had to change remove caliper, carrier, disc, hub nut cover, then its a 30 or 32mm undo, pull off, new one fitted tighten rebuild, probably take you about an hour if you havent done one before
or if its drum brakes whell off, 2 screw out knock the drum at the edge with a hammer, pull drum off, undo nut and replace hub as said about 5 minutes to do if you know what your doing

but as i said clean up the wheel and spigot first before condemming the hub might need a quick clean and youd be laughing, mind you really need to see these things to judge!
Old 30-01-11, 06:31 PM   #15
KevG
2007 Focus ST2

KevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really nice
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ROVER-MG-ZR-ZS...item3a41fbda31

KevG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-11, 06:41 PM   #16
Bobdope2002
Senior Pant Sniffer

wud u say 90% Hub mate
Old 30-01-11, 06:48 PM   #17
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Did you swap the nuts over when you swapped the wheels ? It might just be that the nuts are wrong ? Done that once .....
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-11, 07:31 PM   #18
Bobdope2002
Senior Pant Sniffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1971 View Post
Did you swap the nuts over when you swapped the wheels ? It might just be that the nuts are wrong ? Done that once .....
yeh we did ahh lol

im gonna go see a mate get it looked at and sorted

just one of those noobish mistakes
Old 31-01-11, 05:20 PM   #19
Bobdope2002
Senior Pant Sniffer

Update::

Car is Fixed

Hub was fine brakes are fine

Didnt notice that the chap had left a sprigot ring from his alloys on