AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 01-02-11, 07:30 PM   #21
rakester

rakester is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrence-zs180 View Post
Yea deff need a new ecu... even a piggyback might struggle with it.
Just been having a caht with Drew and he said the decomp plate would only be needed if I was after 10-12 psi but with a rebuild i could have 5psi with no issues.
I would seem about right that the internals of the 180 where good for 260bhp because of the supercharged version and I dont think they would have changed loads just to add a supercharger.
If there was room two t3 turbos would be epic but even with the battery and air box removed its still gonna be tight as fudge in there... gonna mean half the mod out if something daft fails in the engine bay as well haha.
Battery to boot ftw, unless you want it looking OE
rakester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-11, 07:32 PM   #22
lawrence-zs180

lawrence-zs180 is on a distinguished road
lol na deff bat in the boot.. If I can get it back in there after fitting everything then I would but i just dont see it fitting somehow haha
Old 01-02-11, 07:40 PM   #23
Supercharged_Z
KV6 Supercharged

Supercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really nice
if you want to run 260 bhp go and buy some pistons imo.

injetors @3bar were somthing like 47bhp each, but i cant remember the cycle rate, depending on hp i would suggest adding. to get 260 bhp from the superchaged setup i ran a custom additional injector.

the ringlands were weak on the pistons, but it was fuel related imo.

perhaps try and turbo the v6 as is, but keep a pot of money behind for forged pistons untill proven reliable, next weak link is the liners
Supercharged_Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-11, 07:47 PM   #24
lawrence-zs180

lawrence-zs180 is on a distinguished road
Cheers for the info... Im mainly looking at 230-250 bhp max anymore and its prob gonna mean another rebuild but yea I would deff keep money by for what could quite well be the inevitable.
Starting with 4-5 psi is what im looking at doing and then if it fits and works well and reliably then I would look to getting more out of her.. deff wouldn't be a daily as my current 180 will stay as that.
Old 01-02-11, 08:30 PM   #25
MG6Turbo
Banned

MG6Turbo is on a distinguished road
Firstly I wouldnt use an emerald on the kv6. DTA or Omex.

As for turboing, I looked into this with doing a twin turbo set up with forged pistons and different injectors and custom manifold. I reckoned 300bhp would have easily been achieved.

The problem is cost... I would say 8k would have been needed to build a reliable 300bhp twin turboed kv6..

The main issues are the pistons and liners.

To just uprate them it would cost nearly 2k alone and thats before injectors and custom manifold etc.

G
MG6Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-11, 10:01 PM   #26
carmadbaker

carmadbaker has a spectacular aura aboutcarmadbaker has a spectacular aura about
Few little things worth thinking about too dude...
-the charger will need a good oil feed and drain
-charger will also need a coolant supply
-think about additional cooling, turbo cars run alot warmer than nasps. Underbonnets temps will be sky high in comparison
-For management go for omex, they are sooooo helpful and knowledgable their support is amazing. But only authorised omex dealers can map them, they can also knock you up a fully built loom to literally just plug in, again with that idle control may be an issue.
-As for injectors if your going omex aftermarket low impedance siemens injectors (say 660cc) should see you fine without the need to adjust fuel pressures.
-i would expect a t25 to easily see you up to 230bhp with very little lag!
-as for inlet i would consider having a custom one built, i can put u onto some usefull sources if needed.
All i can think of for now, but any questions ask away man. Not majorly clued up on kv6 capabilities, ross is deffinately your man for that. But blowers are deffinately up my street ;-)

-MK1 MG ZS T16 Turbo 2.1
-Lotus Elise S2 111

You Can't Spell Dangerous Without "Dan"
carmadbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-11, 07:03 AM   #27
Maxxed_Ross
Events Organiser-Scotland

Maxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura aboutMaxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by rakester View Post
Fuel pump won't need upgrading, people use 1.2 k series fuel pumps (albeit they are the same across the range anyway) on t16 cars up to 300bhp with no problems.

T28 easily enough for 240-260

when I had my T28R bolted to ASBO, a T series turbo, it was making 330bhp on 14psi I think it was. It did have an uprated fuel pump and constantly overheated

I'm hoping for the same figures out of the touring car, but with a more substantial engine build to handle it.

Supprisingly the fuel fump only needed uprated slightly to a TVR item, and I'm still using the standard ZS fuel filter

www.facebook.com/EX259

"It's not broken, it's an opportunity to upgrade!"
Maxxed_Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-11, 07:31 AM   #28
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Nice idea just to say we did it, but I think the cost and amount of work required to get it there will be too much. The engine bay is tight enough as it is. Moving the battery does release some space but not much. Considering the fragility of the KV6 beyond 250 I would seriously think about another engine type, a more modern route as have already been seen. Not wanting to knock it, but being a realist I think it is just stretching the idea beyond practicality. But if you want to proceed for your own means and to attempt it then go for it, I'm sure we'll support you in anyway possible.
Old 02-02-11, 08:15 AM   #29
Maxxed_Ross
Events Organiser-Scotland

Maxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura aboutMaxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura about
for that sort of cash a ?7k Reyland VAG conversion sounds a bit of a bargain

www.facebook.com/EX259

"It's not broken, it's an opportunity to upgrade!"
Maxxed_Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-11, 08:25 AM   #30
Alan.F

Alan.F is a jewel in the roughAlan.F is a jewel in the roughAlan.F is a jewel in the roughAlan.F is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxxed_Ross View Post
for that sort of cash a ?7k Reyland VAG conversion sounds a bit of a bargain
Even that failed eventually Ross wasn't publicised that much but it went

Alan.F is offline   Reply With Quote