Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Technical Area > Build Projects

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-05-11, 03:28 PM   #38
skyblueads

skyblueads is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesc777 View Post
why do i get the feeling nothing keeps u quiet!!

Have you been talking to my wife?

Bit more progress, headed off to a scrappy today, told me they had some 45s in and that carpets out of one would cost me ?10+ VAT. Happy with that I headed off, when I got there I found one 45:

I was going to take the passenger rear door (mine has a slight dent in it, and there is some rust starting to show where it's paint has cracked) but this one was just as bad, annoyingly. It also had the same parking scrape as my front bumper. Oh well. Took this after I got the carpets out, which was quite straight forward. Only awkward bit was the switchgear for the tailgate and fuel filler, neither wanted to budge, but I got there in the end!

New seats, new carpets...

Really pleased with how it all went it, the car looks much better inside now IMO.

Carpet cost ?10 +VAT, but I found almost a fiver in change in the scrap car!

I've done a bit of Project Drive on the car and left the 'Rover' chrome treadplates off, and just put the plastic back, mkII style so its a bit cleaner, happy with that, too.

Also, I think I maybe losing my mind, but I am warming to the cream door cards! The wood needs to go, but I think the cream adds a bit of light to it, what if it they were copperleaf too? Hmm...

1973 MG BGT
2005 MG ZS 120+
skyblueads is offline   Reply With Quote