theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Technical Area > Build Projects

Old 23-07-16, 09:33 PM   #161
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

I have a big club hammer, for sorting the delicate bits.

Old 23-07-16, 10:21 PM   #162
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterzs View Post
I have a big club hammer, for sorting the delicate bits.

Funny that............had a lump hammer and small chisel as the old induction lower bracket wouldn't budge, rounded bolt head!
Old 24-07-16, 08:59 AM   #163
peterzs
promoted bloke!

peterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to beholdpeterzs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

14 lb sledge handy as well.

Old 24-07-16, 10:34 AM   #164
grimmy
its ginger its phenomenal

grimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud of
Glad to see you are finding the motivation to get started on it again Mick.
Old 24-07-16, 11:22 AM   #165
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimmy View Post
Glad to see you are finding the motivation to get started on it again Mick.
Thanks Grimmy. Yea took some doing but into it now.

Stripping parts off to clean it and service it has highlighted several areas of corrosion, expected for something 14 years old I guess. Making up some cardboard templates ready to transfer to sheet steel. MIG welder recommissioned, no great but working. Ideally I would like to buy a new one.

Brackets cleaned, ground and sprayed with smooth hammerite. Need to get the wheels off so I can access the inner wing rust areas, one of these needs a plate as well. Front nearside tie down hanger is bad.

Ordered some M6 hex head flanged bolts in stainless to replace all those removed as they are pretty bad.
Old 24-07-16, 02:55 PM   #166
grimmy
its ginger its phenomenal

grimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
Thanks Grimmy. Yea took some doing but into it now.

Stripping parts off to clean it and service it has highlighted several areas of corrosion, expected for something 14 years old I guess. Making up some cardboard templates ready to transfer to sheet steel. MIG welder recommissioned, no great but working. Ideally I would like to buy a new one.

Brackets cleaned, ground and sprayed with smooth hammerite. Need to get the wheels off so I can access the inner wing rust areas, one of these needs a plate as well. Front nearside tie down hanger is bad.

Ordered some M6 hex head flanged bolts in stainless to replace all those removed as they are pretty bad.
Nice one .my old bus is still going strong.it does have bit of an issue gearbox wise and the front jacking points are bit ropey but apart from that it seems fine.again not bad for 12 years old.
Old 24-07-16, 03:20 PM   #167
stamford
Site Owner

Treated the rusty bits, all looking much better. You have reminded me Grimmy, I have jacking points that need attention! Another one on the list to add! Before rain stopped play I managed to get inside and remove the remainder of the aircon system, dropped the matrix and filter, another useless lump removed! Need to knock up a couple of machined parts this week.
Old 25-07-16, 08:54 AM   #168
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
Glad to read that progress is being made...

I'm in a frustrating point of limbo.. should have sorned the car, or not left it so long on the hope that I'd get the one vital part I need to get the last bits done "tomorrow" or I should have just picked it up and driven it as it was without the new bits...

Been 9 months now and still no progress

What with new a car on the drive, my enthusiasm is ebbing faster and faster...
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-16, 07:02 PM   #169
stamford
Site Owner

Pete if I had your car on my drive mine would be the same! No shame in that!

All I can say is.............'Relearn MG'
Old 25-07-16, 08:00 PM   #170
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
If it's any consolation my T16 maestro wears a tax disc that expired in December 2007.