theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 07-04-11, 06:36 PM   #1
Mr ZS180

Mr ZS180 is on a distinguished road
Been thinking about the Zed recently......

...... and what I should do with it futurewise.

I'm torn between an engine conversion, fitting a supercharger and eventually upgrading the internals or maybe selling for something else. So gutted I couldnt get Gs supercharger recently due to unforseen circumstances!!!

I really could do with an estate as I have a baby and trying to get him in the seat in my Zed is a mission. I have to twist him a bit to get him in as the roof is so low.

I have been thinking about a UK Impreza Turbo wagon as costs are roughly the same as the ZS but more space, power and 4wd.

I really do not want to sell my ZS as I love it. Driving home from work today I gave it some welly on the motorway with the windows down and that V6 really does put a smile on your face. But I just dont know what to do.

My tax is due the end of April but cant tax now as Im on hols first week in May then my Missus' car is due end of May, same cost as ZS with a 1.6 engine.... damn joke!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-04-11, 06:46 PM   #2
Nats Whiskas

Nats Whiskas is on a distinguished road
Do A engine conversion Rover t-16 enigne would sit in the ZS beautiful!!!

Funnily enough i have on for sale....
Nats Whiskas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-11, 06:55 PM   #3
Mr ZS180

Mr ZS180 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZsNutter View Post
Do A engine conversion Rover t-16 enigne would sit in the ZS beautiful!!!

Funnily enough i have on for sale....
I have been watching that thread everyday to see if you have managed to sell it and would love to have it from you but just cant afford it yet.

About a week ago I was 2 mins from buying a whole coupe turbo on ebay, and now I cant even afford to tax my car. Funny how things turn around!
Old 07-04-11, 08:55 PM   #4
daytona365

daytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the roughdaytona365 is a jewel in the rough
All cars have low roofs, its called "style" The ZS is a perfect family car, that boot can take the buggy and all the nappies and powdered milk........And you want them to smile at their mates when you drop them off at school in such a cool car....
daytona365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-11, 07:29 AM   #5
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Plenty of room for kids! Mine are grown up and all driving but when they were tots I used to manage with two in the back of a 216 Vitesse. Even used take them out in my old Mini! You might find the rear door opening a tad smaller on the Subaru estate.
Old 08-04-11, 09:34 AM   #6
fastmike

fastmike is on a distinguished road
T16 it..... you know it makes sense..... if I could find a buyer for my engine ,gearbox and ECU , thats what I,de do
fastmike is offline   Reply With Quote