theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 11-04-11, 09:45 AM   #21
zsserbia

zsserbia will become famous soon enough
Zs td has a very low fuel consumption IMO, considering it is not common rail injected (but it's fairly quiet and lively though and it has actually got very good throttle response). Keep it in 2000-2500 rev band and push up to 1/4 of a throttle when accelerating and your ZS td will love you and give you most miles in return. But if you give it over half or a full throttle when accelerating you get minor difference in seconds but huge difference in mpg. Almost double... None to mention it is ridiculous pushing it so hard and over 3000 or even over 4000 rpm (mine will rev to over 5000). It will suck your tank dry very quickly and give you nothing in return. I keep mine somewhere in the middle to get most fun out of it. That's right, fun. And I get it in between 2500 and 3000 rev band, with not over half a throttle when accelerating. This way I always use all the available torque and get only 5-10% less mpg, and get 85-90% of acceleration. Oh and I don't use my brakes so much and do not slow down overly in the corners in order to maintain the speed (I use it's good handling for fun) and always use a higher gear when cruising. These driving habits fit both me and my MG. I suppose not all of them are the same and know for a fact all of us are different I think and each owner should blend in and not be to easy on the throttle and not torture the thing either... If you trash it to much, a diesel will give you one heck of maintenance figures and become a real pain in the neck...

Last edited by zsserbia; 11-04-11 at 09:46 AM. Reason: typing error
zsserbia is offline   Reply With Quote