theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 11-05-12, 04:18 PM   #11
BUCKYDEVIL

BUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
£2k is not enough to tempt new buyers. Besides what real MG nut would trade another in for it to be scrapped off possibly? Will be interesting to see the depreciation level of this model first.
Thats a very valid point.
The New MG mob are not really helping those who support the MtG/Rover brand as it's pretty certainly going to end up with more MG/Rovers getting sent to scrap and reduce pricing to rock bottom - if not already at this point-
Or is this a plan for the new MG company to try and wipe out what the general public think of the old,Bad reputation of MG/Rover.
I wouldnt trade in anyways as think new MG6 is nasty,
Looking forward to what George has done to his though.
BUCKYDEVIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-12, 04:21 PM   #12
BUCKYDEVIL

BUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud ofBUCKYDEVIL has much to be proud of

Last edited by BUCKYDEVIL; 11-05-12 at 06:41 PM.
BUCKYDEVIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-12, 05:14 PM   #13
idge2003

idge2003 will become famous soon enough
If I had the money and wanted one I rip their arm off as a, the ZS is pretty much worthless anyway and b, it would get it out the way without having to sell or break it!

But alas I don't have any money as if I did I'd of changed cars ages ago!

Brett
MGF Steering wheel
MGTF LE500 Gear knob
Scorpion Tuner S/S cat-back
Straights in anthracite
idge2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-12, 05:47 PM   #14
Zippy Saloon

Zippy Saloon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
Will be interesting to see the depreciation level of this model first.
My guess is value will drop like something between a grand piano and a skip full of anvils.

In the words of Duncan Bannatyne:
"I'm oot"

Driven the MG6 once but I'll be more careful in the future
Zippy Saloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-12, 05:59 PM   #15
mattie007

mattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nicemattie007 is just really nice
I want one but will wait till the 888 special comes along or something a bit more sporty.
Nothing against the current one, it's a well made car that performs well but it's just a bit too bland for me. Could be a generic Toyota/Honda/BMW to most people.
Old 11-05-12, 06:36 PM   #16
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
Not bad if you plan on buying one anyways. Get a 110 for uber cheap and take the discount!
Where do you get one of them, prices for the R110 are almost higher than for the ZS.
Old 11-05-12, 07:19 PM   #17
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingcars View Post
Where do you get one of them, prices for the R110 are almost higher than for the ZS.
Think he meant the 1.6 Zs.

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Jay-ZS+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-12, 08:11 PM   #18
Adamzs180

Adamzs180 will become famous soon enough
If people do trade in their mg's for a new 6 how will this effect the price of spare parts, or 2nd hand zeds. Will the dealer's take a loss and just scrap the cars they take as px or will they stick them on a used car forecourt and mark the price up? Just wondering if i should contact my local mg dealer and see if i can strike a deal and buy up all the decent ones that come through this px deal.
Adamzs180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-12, 08:16 PM   #19
grimmy
its ginger its phenomenal

grimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud ofgrimmy has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingcars View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-ZS+ View Post
Think he meant the 1.6 Zs.
Yep I would be 99.9% certain that's what he meant.
Old 11-05-12, 08:53 PM   #20
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
What's an R110? He didn't mention that.