theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 09-12-12, 04:54 PM   #21
Quadcam24

Quadcam24 is a jewel in the roughQuadcam24 is a jewel in the roughQuadcam24 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by caled View Post
well i spose i should have guessed ...so you are saying this engine was purposely sabotaged ??......you see that should amaze me, but it just doesn't anymore.

Last edited by Quadcam24; 09-12-12 at 05:01 PM.
Quadcam24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-12, 05:01 PM   #22
Fred68

Fred68 has a spectacular aura aboutFred68 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlened View Post
I don't understand how someone can get it wrong, especially the big belt, providing you mark everything up I just can't see how you can **** it like that.
It's not a hard job to do the KV6 cam belts if you know what you are doing but easy to **** it up if you don't!!
Glad you got it sorted!!

Last edited by Fred68; 09-12-12 at 07:19 PM.
Fred68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-12, 05:13 PM   #23
littlened

littlened is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcam24 View Post
well i spose i should have guessed ...so you are saying this engine was purposely sabotaged ??......you see that should amaze me, but it just doesn't anymore.
I don't know if the timing was set wrong on purpose, and there's probably no way of telling either way.

I told George about the timing being out, and he's said that he didn't do the belts on this engine, and the driver of the car it came out of was elderly, so he didn't go over 4k rpm and wouldn't of noticed the problem I was having.

Although I'm not sure how you wouldn't notice, I've just done 150 mile on £50 of fuel!!! I'm assuming it's because the engine wasn't generating the correct amount of power per explosion as it should of been.
littlened is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-12, 05:16 PM   #24
WalkerDnB

WalkerDnB has a spectacular aura aboutWalkerDnB has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
I told George about the timing being out, and he's said that he didn't do the belts on this engine, and the driver of the car it came out of was elderly, so he didn't go over 4k rpm and wouldn't of noticed the problem I was having.
Thats a BS answer if I ever heard one lol

WalkerDnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-12, 07:17 PM   #25
Fred68

Quote:
I don't know if the timing was set wrong on purpose, and there's probably no way of telling either way.

Although I'm not sure how you wouldn't notice, I've just done 150 mile on £50 of fuel!!! I'm assuming it's because the engine wasn't generating the correct amount of power per explosion as it should of been.
How far out was the timing and which way and what was out?
Old 09-12-12, 07:21 PM   #26
Fred68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcam24 View Post
I don't see why it would be deliberately sabotaged?? If that happened he would never be able to resolve anything!! More likely poor workmanship I expect.
From what I experienced that is most likely!
Old 09-12-12, 08:20 PM   #27
Supercharged_Z
KV6 Supercharged

Supercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really niceSupercharged_Z is just really nice
Lol normal bandwagon without people talking both sides of the story.

For reference the engine came from a ZT, elderly guy called Jon who's retired and does a bit of driving every now and then. He wanted to sell his car but could get the money for it so broke it.

It was marked because of the issue with the first engine, this engine had given Jon no trouble at all so there shouldn't have been a problem.

End of the day, George knows how to time a ZS180 and other KV6 engines, I know for sure he wouldn't tamper with a engine for the sake of it? what does it give him other than grief bearing in mind he had already replaced a USED engine sold in good faith ( with warranty mind) FOC (so im told)

anyway I'm glad you sorted it

Ross

p.s i have posted this for a bit more or how this happened rather than defending. I am sure George has sold 50 kv6 engines in the past few years with no come backs, just so happens this one caused some bother.

Last edited by Supercharged_Z; 09-12-12 at 08:23 PM.
Supercharged_Z is offline   Reply With Quote