theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 30-11-12, 11:04 AM   #1
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
FAO Skunk2 lca group buy members

To any one who took part in the Skunk2 lca group buy on Rovertech, it appears they may be fakes, I'll post a link shortly.http://cms.skunk2.com/id/707/Fake-LCA-Alert/

Comment 44 about 8 and 5 groove bushes, mine are 8 groove so may well be fakes, which also means that they may not be 2024T6 alloy as claimed, I wish I'd just poly bushed the standard arms, which was my original plan.

To say I'm annoyed is an understatement.

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

Last edited by petet16; 30-11-12 at 11:09 AM.
petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-12, 12:17 PM   #2
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Great! Just what I needed to hear!
Old 30-11-12, 12:22 PM   #3
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
Me too, we await Rob's response as to the authenticity or otherwise, Im wary of them because they could be made of any monkey alloy.

Old 30-11-12, 12:46 PM   #4
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
Bloody hell, people will copy anything these days.

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Jay-ZS+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-12, 04:00 PM   #5
paulzs180

paulzs180 is on a distinguished road
i heard about some "issues" with a batch of skunk2 LCA's, couple of guys i know got sets for there 200 coupe's no-no fit :S
paulzs180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-12, 04:16 PM   #6
Eastwood29

Eastwood29 is on a distinguished road
As i said in the original thread pointless upgrade. They are designed for civic ek's. Plenty of cheaper copies fit on civic ek's just fine. Our arms are quite different.
Eastwood29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-12, 06:58 AM   #7
sneekyparrot

sneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the rough
Angry

Ahhh FFS!

this is really bad news and cant believe Rob would knowing sell on fakes!

just checked the ones i bought (Not through rob) and acording to the skunk web site these are fakes 2

gonna let the guy know who i bought them off and notify ebay but hey now't will happen!

not a cat in hells am i fitting these to the Reyland ZS!

and to really PIS£ me off i sold a set of polybushed stock items when i bought these.

Frigging ebay really racks me off with things like this as they take no responsibility at all
Old 01-12-12, 06:59 AM   #8
sneekyparrot

sneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the rough
Angry

Anyone else confirm they are fake items from rob?

quick look at the bushes will tell fakes have 8 groves.
Old 01-12-12, 07:14 AM   #9
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

There has been some info, the 8 or 5 groove bushes are a Red Herring, Skunk2 has used both.

If you go to the Skunk2 website there are good pictures of the arms so you can compare yours with the pictures, I've checked mine and the machining and finish compare well with the ones on their website, I'm 100% these are the genuine article.

Old 01-12-12, 07:39 AM   #10
sneekyparrot

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by petet16 View Post
There has been some info, the 8 or 5 groove bushes are a Red Herring, Skunk2 has used both.

If you go to the Skunk2 website there are good pictures of the arms so you can compare yours with the pictures, I've checked mine and the machining and finish compare well with the ones on their website, I'm 100% these are the genuine article.
ahhh that even more annoying as i have just emailed the guy calling him a complete Wank%^r for selling me fakes lol!

guess i better mail skunk to comfirm or has that already been done as there site says they only use 5 grooved bushes?

looking at pictures the proper items have a part number stamped on side, min don't, do the ones rob supplied have a part number on?

umm pretty sure mine are fakes going buy the pictures, mine a supposed to be black series and the pic's show no machining marks and should be satin not anodized ARSE!