theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 01-12-12, 09:25 AM   #21
sneekyparrot

sneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the rough
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobrainer View Post
I emailed the ebay guy a couple of data ago asking for some pictures including close ups of the bushes as I was considering them. He hasn't replied and boy am I glad I haven't done it! Funny thing is I'm paranoid about buying anything of ebay but was reassured by sneakyparrots dealing with him!
seems we can all get taken in, so apologies there. I swapped quite a few mails with him and he supplied pic's of the arms and the product codes all tallied up. I was told they were older stock hence the price difference.
Items i got were boxed and bagged amd sealed in skunk wrapping and looked perfect but it looks like i have been duped!

I intend to only deal with recognized suppliers from now on and pay the going rate.

P.
Old 01-12-12, 09:33 AM   #22
sneekyparrot

sneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the rough
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by petet16 View Post
Further reading on skunk2's website reveals that a pair of genuine arms weigh 5lbs, and nearly all the fakes are heavier, I weighed mine at 4lbs 15.4ozs which is slightly underweight but I have taken some metal off the lower shock mount which would account for that.
ok that is puzzling mine weigh in a 5lbs????
Old 01-12-12, 09:53 AM   #23
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
I am struggling to find a cheap alloy as nothing comes close to being heavier than 2014, 2024 with 6082 being a little heavier but not by much.

2014/2024 being 2540 kg/m3
6082 being 2700 kg/m3
Old 01-12-12, 09:53 AM   #24
sneekyparrot

Thumbs up

ok got this from the skunk website which they confirmed is an authorized seller, it clearly shows everything you guys should of got but it shows an 8 grooved bush?
i have sent a mail asking skunk to clear this confusion up!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/370318877295...ht_2590wt_1139

P
Old 07-12-12, 04:46 PM   #25
Maxxed_Ross
Events Organiser-Scotland

Maxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura aboutMaxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura about
I'm a bit miffed at where all this talk of fakes came from. There have all the same markings as the genuine camber adjusters that i bought from a dealer in the US, they even came in an identical box!

If they are fakes then someone has gone to one hell of an effort to make them look the part

But they must be fakes going on the above picture, because i never got a sticker lol

www.facebook.com/EX259

"It's not broken, it's an opportunity to upgrade!"
Maxxed_Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-12, 05:05 PM   #26
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
Some one on RT started the fake/real debate. (They're real btw)

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-12, 06:04 PM   #27
sneekyparrot

Unhappy

had this response from Skunk.

Paul, 8 grooves? Those are probably not genuine products. In this article the pictures have some very helpful captions to assist in making sure you don't buy copied products. "Genuine Skunk2 bushings can be identified by their five grooves placed alongside the inner diameter. Most clone LCAs include cheaper bushings that feature eight grooves and that copied Skunk2's original, older bushing design."

http://cms.skunk2.com/id/707/Fake-LCA-Alert/

dunno what to make out anymore?

still not sure if i am prepared to trust the ones i have (NOT FROM ROB!!!)

P.
Old 07-12-12, 07:33 PM   #28
Maxxed_Ross
Events Organiser-Scotland

Maxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura aboutMaxxed_Ross has a spectacular aura about
That's a weird response, since i found a picture on their website of a civic arm fitted with 8 groove bushes.

I've studied all the pictures on the skunk2 site and even the machining marks are identical to the arms i have in my hand, the weight is right and everything else matches up.

Im in no doubt at all that they are genuine

www.facebook.com/EX259

"It's not broken, it's an opportunity to upgrade!"
Maxxed_Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-12, 07:59 PM   #29
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Same here, I am not convinced they are fakes as they are quality to look and feel.
Old 07-12-12, 08:41 PM   #30
Ritchy
technically an expertish

Ritchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to all
From what its saying the 8 grooves are older style, so possibly this is old stock?