theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > theMGZS.co.uk > General Discussion

Old 27-11-11, 10:53 PM   #21
Maxfly
Site Ambassador

Maxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritchy View Post
is it more you dont like this new zs as much as your old black one?
Tbh I think that is the nail on the head, it is better in some ways but there is niggly bits that keep buggin me. I have decided to get her booked in for a look over to sort this missfire problem as have no inclination to investigate it myself. If the fix doesn't **** me off too much I will get a new set of wheels with decent tyres, which, I think could sort a lot of what is bugging me tbh. Would just be a set of standard wheels.....but round ones this time lol

Aye Kev I do know what you mean about the quality of Astra, there are 3 sport hatches in my immediate family and the quality really is not a great deal better than the ZS tbh, but that doesn't bother me and I do like cars that have an aggressive look like the VXR. Sorry but fuckus really does leave me cold, though the Volvo lump and handling would be guid the rest leaves me stone cold.
An then if I did get rid, could I live without that V6 playing sweet music, hmm really think that would be missed.

I think I will persevere with it, sort missfire and get new wheels an tyres, I think I cannot enjoy driving it as much the now, it's just so twitchy and the vibration from the wheels irks me somewhat too.
Anyone seen any round mg 11 spokes selling at a decent price at all? Part ex wheels on eBay but the don't take wheels that are buckled so figure keep these ones an when finance allows put on winter tyres, they deal with the cold and pot holed roads while good set have normal tyres an come out in better climes? Sounds an ok plan to me

Do like Leon's, only driven a k1 Cupra and it was nice and drove well, maybe a tad to insulated a drive but I love the look of them. Cheers for the ideas a'body, think once I can wash it And clean it that will stop me feeling pissed off too lol
Old 27-11-11, 10:58 PM   #22
Ritchy
technically an expertish

Ritchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to all
tbh was pissed with mine till i got the respray done, phone roverbreakers peterborough, they had them in stock when i needed them before
Old 27-11-11, 11:21 PM   #23
Leigh_EvoIX

Leigh_EvoIX has a spectacular aura aboutLeigh_EvoIX has a spectacular aura about
Do it! Evo FTW!

*MITSUBISHI LANCER EVOLUTION IX FQ320*
*Carbon Vortex Generator*
*Carbon Fiber Front Splitter*
*APS Dump valve*
*ARP Strengthened con rod bolts*
*Sytec uprated fuel pump*
*APS cold air induction kit*
*De-cat pipe*
*EcuTek Remap*
*407.4bhp @ 1.7 bar and 350 ft/lb*
Leigh_EvoIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-11, 11:28 PM   #24
KevG
2007 Focus ST2

KevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really nice
Oh dear a SEAT LEON Cupra, a very insulated drive Gary, it is a Golf after all, horrible car to to drive, I test drove a Cupra R prior to lumping with the ZS, I hated it dull and light was the words at the time, although the car had decent brakes, hmmm Brembos.....

KevG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-11, 11:31 PM   #25
KevG
2007 Focus ST2

KevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really niceKevG is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leigh_EvoIX View Post
Do it! Evo FTW!
Nah Leigh, Evo's and Scobbies are both very fast and tunable cars but are so IMO uncool.

KevG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-11, 11:42 PM   #26
Ritchy
technically an expertish

Ritchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to allRitchy is a name known to all
i like evos and scoobs, but couldnt justify one atm, tbh there is very little on the market at the moment i like, i like the focus rs and st, and i like both the mazda mps's, and thats about it
Old 28-11-11, 12:45 AM   #27
Leigh_EvoIX

Leigh_EvoIX has a spectacular aura aboutLeigh_EvoIX has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevG View Post
Nah Leigh, Evo's and Scobbies are both very fast and tunable cars but are so IMO uncool.
Cool is such an uncool word

Quote:
i like evos and scoobs, but couldnt justify one atm, tbh there is very little on the market at the moment i like, i like the focus rs and st, and i like both the mazda mps's, and thats about it
Its hard to justify but you seem to be able to make excuses to yourself. A bit like an alcoholic would i suppose.. Lol..

*MITSUBISHI LANCER EVOLUTION IX FQ320*
*Carbon Vortex Generator*
*Carbon Fiber Front Splitter*
*APS Dump valve*
*ARP Strengthened con rod bolts*
*Sytec uprated fuel pump*
*APS cold air induction kit*
*De-cat pipe*
*EcuTek Remap*
*407.4bhp @ 1.7 bar and 350 ft/lb*
Leigh_EvoIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-11, 05:26 AM   #28
Maxfly
Site Ambassador

Maxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leigh_EvoIX View Post
Do it! Evo FTW!
Wouldna mind an Evo, but running cost wise it just isnt an option I'm afraid

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevG View Post
Oh dear a SEAT LEON Cupra, a very insulated drive Gary, it is a Golf after all, horrible car to to drive, I test drove a Cupra R prior to lumping with the ZS, I hated it dull and light was the words at the time, although the car had decent brakes, hmmm Brembos.....
Have to agree bud, probably why I like the Astra which has the rough edge i like in cars, plus VAG are just too overated tbh, nowhere near as reliable as daz germans would like you to think, expensive and too insular as said, Golf nice but too staid looks wise, Leon got the looks, Octavia, Fabia no too bad but lack the zing factor lol

Quote:
The Mazda is one that does appeal but the corrosion issues that recent Mazdas seem to have really put me off. Possibly been sorted by now but have seen many 05 & 06 Mazdas with bodywork corrosion round arches etc that says the finish is not up to scratch. Have to say really suprised me, seen two at Tescos on Friday and was going to take a photie of the worst one till i noticed the owner sitting in it lol As you said there is little on the market that appeals the now :/
Old 28-11-11, 07:42 AM   #29
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
If you feel the need do it, then in about a years time you might be back If you are not feeling 'one' with the latest zed then it's no real loss if you change. You can always come back later and pick up a good one. At times I have felt like a change but there is little out there in the budget to do a deal so i'll stick with the devil you know, besides I would regret selling mine when push came to shove.

No harm in test drives and getting a feel, crunchtime is when you start talking numbers and the trader starts running the rule over yours (if p/exing)
Old 28-11-11, 08:00 AM   #30
Boot Hill Bandit
Coming back home!.......

Boot Hill Bandit is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
If you feel the need do it, then in about a years time you might be back If you are not feeling 'one' with the latest zed then it's no real loss if you change. You can always come back later and pick up a good one. At times I have felt like a change but there is little out there in the budget to do a deal so i'll stick with the devil you know, besides I would regret selling mine when push came to shove.

No harm in test drives and getting a feel, crunchtime is when you start talking numbers and the trader starts running the rule over yours (if p/exing)
Spot on Mick. Stick with it and get the niggles fixed. I should have done exactly that instead of playing musical chairs.