theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > The Market Place > Parts For Sale

Old 25-04-15, 12:09 PM   #1
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
VIS testers on ebay

I bought one of these this week, very handy bit of kit, both mine found to be working fine, if I can find the 2 I repaired for spares I'll test them as well.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2618403174...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

R.I.P. Peter David Scott 18.07.59 to 21.11.16
Will be missed by us all but we will always remember you.

petet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-15, 12:12 PM   #2
Lukeus101

Lukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to allLukeus101 is a name known to all
If I hadn't of bought I new inlet with VIS it would make perfect sense to buy one of these. Look a good bit of kit

ZS Appreciation Facebook Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/475756782447499/

> ZR 105 (Broken) > MK2 ZS 180 (Sold) > MK1 ZS 180 (Sold) > ZR Replica (Dead) > MK1 ZS 180 (Broken)
Lukeus101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-15, 01:13 PM   #3
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
I bought one a while ago as had a few vis motors to test. Found that 6 out of 8 were duff! So I have some repairing to do.
Old 25-04-15, 02:10 PM   #4
pheelay

pheelay is a jewel in the roughpheelay is a jewel in the roughpheelay is a jewel in the rough
Damn, I made one these out of some spare wires years ago. Should have boxed it up to knock them out on ebay. Only a few pounds to make! Reminds me I should repair my old ones for spare aswell.
Old 25-04-15, 03:45 PM   #5
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

petet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to beholdpetet16 is a splendid one to behold
Spare ones tested, power motor works fine, balance motor has a failed micro switch, some soldering practice coming up

Old 25-04-15, 05:53 PM   #6
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Tempting. Cheers Pete for the link.
talkingcars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-15, 09:45 AM   #7
sneekyparrot

sneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the roughsneekyparrot is a jewel in the rough
Talking

nice, think i will get one of these. Mine sounds like a rattle can, have another but could do with testing :-)

P.
Old 26-04-15, 10:29 AM   #8
B8sy

B8sy is on a distinguished road
Does anyone have a guide on how to test, 2.5k sounds like a Rattle can for a second as you push up the rpm.

Car 1 - 2003 MG ZS 2.5 180, Pro Speed Induction, Pro Speed Exhaust, 194 BHP.
Car 2 - 2007 Ford Fiesta St 2.0ltr, scorpion exhaust, 150 BHP.
B8sy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-15, 05:49 PM   #9
petet16
Technical Expert R.I.P.

I tried to repair the non functioning balance motor today, I resoldered the microswitch but it made no difference so I've ordered some microswitches, and a new relay pack.

Old 12-05-15, 07:42 PM   #10
slacko

slacko is on a distinguished road
Stocktake (Dave) on another forum is trialing test buttons for the VIS motors, which you just press to see if they are working. Much cheeaper than the ebay testers & no fiddling about plugging/unplugging just a press to test. Having mine done when he's found the right ones (for reliability). Seen them working & fitted to the motors.
slacko is offline   Reply With Quote