theMGZS.co.uk   Navigation

AboutNews Flyers Forum Events Home

Home
Go Back   theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum > Technical Area > Build Projects

Old 06-05-16, 11:20 AM   #51
M.jenks

M.jenks is on a distinguished road
Unfortunately I don't have a remapper or rolling road handy I am going my to push the sdi as far as possible and see how close that gets me then get some porting done and see how far off it is if I get to the 180bhp I might make a change the 200tdi and then rolling road it see what the results are

There are a few guys pushing 180bhp with sdi and a gt17 so I don't see what the lager gt20 could get over 190bhp it's just what other back up mods that's the guess work
M.jenks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-16, 11:26 AM   #52
M.jenks

Also my clutch will be fitted Tuesday along with some interior mods

Did I mention my peasant tools were doing good on the adapter plate until it one snapped then the replacement tool couldn't do the job away had a realisation that I was throwing money at inferior tools so anyway the diesel guy I met at the Kent and surround meet Connor he sorted me out and made my adapter plate

24hour turn round and £20 that's bloody good he will also be boring out the egr for my external wastegate as that seams to get the option the higher powered guys are using
Old 06-05-16, 12:20 PM   #53
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
Agreed, without the extra fuel, the bigger turbo won't make any real difference.

Even if you swap to 200's I'd try and find a remapper or a dyno you can use to adjust them, a map for SDI's will throw way too much fuel at it even with a bigger turbo and a wastegate.

Nice adaptor plate that though
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-16, 07:37 PM   #54
M.jenks

Clocked my turbo today and dropped the manifold off to Connor so he can drill it out ready for the wastegate

Before

After

So after my holiday it should be ready to bolt on with tons of help from conor and Steve Smith
Old 07-05-16, 12:30 AM   #55
M.jenks

HELP NEEDED

So before I go pulling everything apart need some help so the 2 vac hoses from the wastegate get t pieced together then to the other hose but where does that go?

Old 07-05-16, 08:47 AM   #56
ZS Phil

ZS Phil has a spectacular aura aboutZS Phil has a spectacular aura about
That pic looks familiar

They are technically boost hoses as they should never see -ve pressure.

In the picture the set up is as follows:

-Take off from the first boost pipe after the turbo (you can see this just below the clamp in the picture, it looks like a brown nut of the side of the boost pipe.
-This smaller take off pipe is then split into 2 with a T piece. One end goes to the MAP sensor and the other goes towards the wastegate.
-The branch going towards the wastegate also needs to be split into 2. One branch goes directly to the bottom port of the wastegate (so boost pressure will always be trying to open it). The other branch goes to the controller (has to be specifically for external wg, normal boost controller wont work) and then finally from the controller to the top of the wastegate. Pressure will then go to the top port to keep it closed (opposes the un-regulated pressure going to the bottom port) until the controller stops the pressure going to the top. Once this happens the pressure in the bottom will be un-opposed and will force the wastegate valve open.

Sounds much more complicated than it is I think
Old 07-05-16, 12:51 PM   #57
M.jenks

Yea it's the only picture I could find of an external wastegate on an l series that was already plumbed in cheers Phil makes more sense now hopefully should be up and running real soon just order a boost controller that what I was missing by the looks of things
Old 09-05-16, 12:32 AM   #58
M.jenks

So have been speaking to a few people about the obvious problem of fuelling sdi ain't enough but 200tdi is to much so need a middle ground might have to start looking into custom job so I need injector nozzles that flow a little more than sdi but not to much but has better atomisation than the 200tdi nozzles I feel the fuelling is going to be a ball ache also been toying with the idea of meth injection but I think that will be a last resort if I get to 195bhp the meth will be added for the extra 5bhp but then shortly removed one the target as hit as to keep the car from Unreliable
Old 09-05-16, 07:01 AM   #59
M.jenks

Just gonna put this here

Old 29-05-16, 04:47 AM   #60
M.jenks

Have fitted the gt20 and external waste gate I will upload full pictures and the trails and tribulations behind it as have had some large issues like a massive oil leak and some small problem like no putting the valve seat in the waste gate